Blitz site here dead?

Blitz site here dead?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Aug 11

I go there and get zero players and if I offer a game, nothing happens. Is something wrong on my end? Anyone else see that?

E

Moves
28 Aug 11

I just blundered a game away.

Moves
28 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I go there and get zero players and if I offer a game, nothing happens. Is something wrong on my end? Anyone else see that?
they're scared of you...

edit: it's the same with me.

E

Moves
28 Aug 11

Yeah! I blew the game, but won on time!!! 😀

t

bedlam

Moves
28 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
If there's zero players,what do you expect will happen?

E

Moves
28 Aug 11

It takes me a few seconds to let it load. Maybe you are just on a really slow computer.

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by torten
i'd expect a dancing unicorn to keep me entertained as i wait for someone else to join the waiting room to accept my game.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
i'd expect a dancing unicorn to keep me entertained as i wait for someone else to join the waiting room to accept my game.
Well, for me there was one change: Now when I go to blitz, I find myself listed as a player. Nobody else ATT however.

I am also now back to being able to offer a game. Of course with no one else there.....

Moves
29 Aug 11

uchess.com is very similar and generally has more players online. For some reason, I can never claim timeout wins, but the site is otherwise ok.

t

bedlam

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by trev33
A unicorn is a bit unreasonable.Too girlish anyway.

But you can have a bear 😀

N

Moves
29 Aug 11

the problem with this site for blitz is that it isn't rated, and people don't try and win. I just played a game just now and the guy gave away a bishop and a queen inside of 10 moves, the other 3 games my opponent timed out.

Moves
29 Aug 11

A unicorn is a bit unreasonable.Too girlish anyway.

But you can have a bear 😀
thought you wrote beer at first 😞

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Sep 11

I have been to the blitz site when there were no players but if I offered a game, it would come up on the board, of course nobody there to take the game but it comes up.

However, sometimes it shows zero players and if I offer a game it does not go to the main box. It just sits there looking smug.

k

Pities the fool

Moves
03 Sep 11

Had a look and played a couple of players then when I looked up their names they are p1200s with little or no games. Do some people sign up just to play blitz on here?

m

In attack

Moves
03 Sep 11

I forgot about blitz, just logged in, left a game for 2 minutes, no takers, logged off. I guess Saturday morning isn't the time to find lots of players online 🙂