Benoni?

Benoni?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
20 Apr 09

WOW!

I don't use all caps lightly.

I'll be looking over all this for a while I think. I appreciate all your feedback very much. Gimme some time for a proper response.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 09

Originally posted by ResigningSoon
WOW!

I don't use all caps lightly.

I'll be looking over all this for a while I think. I appreciate all your feedback very much. Gimme some time for a proper response.
you are most welcome! it is quite interesting, that while not consciously aiming for a Benoni type of position one may find oneself in that type of position anyway, i had a recent game where the position that arose was a Czech Benoni, never even heard of it! the move ...c5 against 1.d4 is really quite interesting and fully deserving of some investigation. there is an excellent example of it in the Kings Indian, where black sacrifices the c pawn for really active play and no doubt there are others also, which i think is one reason the queens knight is often delayed when playing against queen pawn opening, to facilitate the move ...c5.

s

Moves
20 Apr 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i know its depressing isnt it!, but to be fair, its just cut n paste, cut n paste, try it out and crash n burn, crash n burn.🙂
Where did all this analysis come from Robbie?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by streetfighter
oh great and illustrious one, i could hardly analyze a heavily annotated Giuoco Piano with giant diagrams and arrows pointing to the correct squares in highlighted illuminous orange. the basis of my entire repertoire with black goes like this, 1...g6, 2...Bg7, 3...c5, don't matter what white plays, i treat it with contempt!🙂

this analysis came from a chessbase cd by Jean Hebert entitled the modern benonia a fighting defense for the bold and the restless

p

Moves
20 Apr 09

Old Russian Proverb (at least I think)

When life is good, it is better not to ask why.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 09

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
Old Russian Proverb (at least I think)

When life is good, it is better not to ask why.
oops too late!

s

Moves
20 Apr 09

oh great and illustrious one, i could hardly analyze a heavily annotated Giuoco Piano with giant diagrams and arrows pointing to the correct squares in highlighted illuminous orange. the basis of my entire repertoire with black goes like this, 1...g6, 2...Bg7, 3...c5, don't matter what white plays, i treat it with contempt!🙂

this analysis came f ...[text shortened]... cd by Jean Hebert entitled the modern benonia a fighting defense for the bold and the restless
Okay Robbie, I kind of guessed it wasn't your own analysis - but without wishing to start an argument : ) you really ought to have mentioned whose work it is. Reproducing that amount of analysis would also usually require the permission of the copyright holder. Perhaps you have done this-I don't know...

...the point is, (and this isn't aimed at you personally - I have these 'discussions' all the time on other chess sites) a lot of people seem to regard the www as being free from all constraints, and post huge amounts of material they have absolutely no right to.

As someone who would really like to make a living from chess writing (fantasy, I know!) it's a bit of a personal bugbear of mine when I see unattributed analysis/articles/whatever on the web.

Anyway, rant over, back to the chess : )

rc

Moves
20 Apr 09

Okay Robbie, I kind of guessed it wasn't your own analysis - but without wishing to start an argument : ) you really ought to have mentioned whose work it is. Reproducing that amount of analysis would also usually require the permission of the copyright holder. Perhaps you have done this-I don't know...

...the point is, (and this isn't aimed at you ...[text shortened]... ributed analysis/articles/whatever on the web.

Anyway, rant over, back to the chess : )
sure thing, i do not have the authors permission and chessbase owns the copyright, no excuses! sorry if it has offended you, i really did not think, and if in future I buy one of your cds i will be sure to ask permission before hiring, lending or selling it to anyone else, regards Robbie.

e4

Moves
20 Apr 09

Hmmm..........

From now on all my post are copyright to me.

I'm claiming Korch's as well....😉

Actually, who does have copyright on what is written here. Russ?

R

Moves
20 Apr 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Hmmm..........

From now on all my post are copyright to me.

I'm claiming Korch's as well....😉

Actually, who does have copyright on what is written here. Russ?
I don't think a public forum is copyrighted.

e4

Moves
20 Apr 09

Originally posted by Romanticus
I don't think a [b] public forum is copyrighted.[/b]
That's interesting.

So all that analysis that Robbie just posted is now ours.

Hey Romanticus, do you fancy writing a book on the Benoni?

The Red Hot Benoni by Greenpawn & Romanticus

R

Moves
20 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
That's interesting.

So all that analysis that Robbie just posted is now ours.

Hey Romanticus, do you fancy writing a book on the Benoni?

[b]The Red Hot Benoni
by Greenpawn & Romanticus[/b]
Haha.That's a bit twisted,isn't it.If Russ owns the copyright to this forum,as you pondered,then the analyses is now his.Too bad for Jean Hebert but what can you do 😛

I think,not my personal opinion but going by the law,any copyrighted material should be removed from the forum asap and the poster can be prosecuted.
Aren't there any lawyers on here who know these things?

If I were to write a chessbook it would be along the lines of:
-My 60 best blunders
-How to remain a patzer for life
-The best way to lose at chess
-50 chess lessons from a dimwit
-100 brilliant swindles
I'm afraid I cannot be of much use for anything else.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 09
1 edit

Haha.That's a bit twisted,isn't it.If Russ owns the copyright to this forum,as you pondered,then the analyses is now his.Too bad for Jean Hebert but what can you do 😛

I think,not my personal opinion but going by the law,any copyrighted material should be removed from the forum asap and the poster can be prosecuted.
Aren't there any lawyers on here wh ...[text shortened]... rom a dimwit
-100 brilliant swindles
I'm afraid I cannot be of much use for anything else.
Go to the spirituality forum, ask Scriabin, hes a liar/lawyer, but it will cost ya! not only in monetary terms, you'll need to listen to all his abrasive stories and rude jokes as well! 🙂

R

Moves
20 Apr 09

Go to the spirituality forum, ask Scriabin, hes a liar/lawyer, but it will cost ya! not only in monetary terms, you'll need to listen to all his abrasive stories and rude jokes as well! 🙂
Spirituality??Mind if I pass on that? 😞

rc

Moves
20 Apr 09

Spirituality??Mind if I pass on that? 😞
woosie!🙂