Bedlam's Tutorial offered

Bedlam's Tutorial offered

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v

Moves
06 Dec 06

Bedlam:
"This is very true. I never play 1.d4 games so the positions that often arise from them take me a little longer to get to grips with than say a 1600-1700 who plays 1.d4 every game and has a natural feel for the positions/plans. I keep meaning to take up 1.d4/c4 semi regularly to solve this but still havent got around to it (lazy me ) I tend to practice a lot against a good friend on playchess his style is totally the oppsite of mine, a lot of his candidate moves are things I wouldnt even consider but after a while Iv started to get to grips with how he sees positions and what he might play/plan in them. I think if people want to progess that they probably have to become a jack of all trades, although not really straying them their natural style too much they do have to understand others."

Maybe this will make it even more interesting...

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by vipiu
Bedlam:
"This is very true. I never play 1.d4 games so the positions that often arise from them take me a little longer to get to grips with than say a 1600-1700 who plays 1.d4 every game and has a natural feel for the positions/plans. I keep meaning to take up 1.d4/c4 semi regularly to solve this but still havent got around to it (lazy me ) I tend to practi ...[text shortened]... o much they do have to understand others."

Maybe this will make it even more interesting...
Indeed, looking through the openings of the 3 games I can honestly say that I havent played any of them in the last 2 years 🙂

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Dec 06

Originally posted by Bedlam
Sorry in the middle of moving countries so kinda a bit busy 🙂

[b][Event "Siege"]
[Site "http://www.chessatwork.com"]
[White "flexmore"]
[Black "Ragnorak"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]

1. d4 Nf6
2. Bf4 g6
3. e3 Bg7
4. Bd3 d6
5. Ne2 Nbd7
6. Nd2 c5
7. c3 a6
8. dxc5 Nxc5
9. Bc2 e5

e5 strikes me a as a bit odd (in fact I hate it) ...[text shortened]... what it think were the positional requirments (I could well be wrong 🙂 ) to hell.[/b]
Thanks for that Bedlam.

D