Battle of the Gods!

Battle of the Gods!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
26 Aug 06
1 edit

Ok I think we should try to get Akizy & Weyerstrass to play a few games. From what I can tell they haven't played each other yet, so it's only fair!
Maybe if we ask nicely...

Anyone else wanna watch em play in "Public Games"?
😉

S

Moves
26 Aug 06

...Your not the first person in the forum to suggest this very idea....

Instead, why don't/didn't you just send them both PM's and try to arrange somehing?

S

Moves
26 Aug 06

Maybe we could petition in this thread? Anyone interested could post here. It'd be fascinating to watch!

S

Domincan Republic

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Maybe we could petition in this thread? Anyone interested could post here. It'd be fascinating to watch!
I agree!

S

Moves
26 Aug 06

Maybe if one of these top 2 players ever read the forums....

k

washington

Moves
26 Aug 06

i've always wonderd that too. since i have studied both of their games and watched in wonder. weyerstrass is a gm and i remember akizy telling me he was an amateur so it would be a tough battle. i'm guessing it would be a draw. then again do you think they will play each other? or will they be afraid to lose rating points and not play each other i agree that they should play.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
26 Aug 06
1 edit

Ok I think we should try to get Akizy & Weyerstrass to play a few games. From what I can tell they haven't played each other yet, so it's only fair!
Maybe if we ask nicely...

Anyone else wanna watch em play in "Public Games"?
😉
I don't know anything about Akizy, but Weyerstrass is a professional and I'm sure both players are here to have fun just like the rest of us. Personally, I'd be put off if someone wanted me to play another player just for their entertainment.

J

Moves
26 Aug 06

Well they are both from the Netherlands.

I tell you know...weed definitely helps playing chess

M

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by Jee
Well they are both from the Netherlands.

I tell you know...weed definitely helps playing chess
haha

E

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by arrakis
I don't know anything about Akizy, but Weyerstrass is a professional and I'm sure both players are here to have fun just like the rest of us. Personally, I'd be put off if someone wanted me to play another player just for their entertainment.
i wouldnt doubt if they were both proggers.

m1

Moves
26 Aug 06

im in although its no big there rating is only 2400 ive seen at 60+ tournys like 2600's playing

t

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by moon 111
im in although its no big there rating is only 2400 ive seen at 60+ tournys like 2600's playing
There rating can't get so high on here because the opposition is not as high if there was a bunch of 2400s on here there would be some 2600s or even higher.

c

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by kmac27
i've always wonderd that too. since i have studied both of their games and watched in wonder. weyerstrass is a gm and i remember akizy telling me he was an amateur so it would be a tough battle. i'm guessing it would be a draw. then again do you think they will play each other? or will they be afraid to lose rating points and not play each other i agree that they should play.
Hm, I don't think Weyerstrass is a GM, IM maybe.

k

washington

Moves
26 Aug 06

how can you say that? he hasn't lost a game yet. theres no telling how high he is.

c

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by kmac27
how can you say that? he hasn't lost a game yet. theres no telling how high he is.
Because some people here know his name, and looked up his rating/title and it happens to be IM-according to them. I know his name, but didn't bother looking up information about him.