Bad games by strong players

Bad games by strong players

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JoL
Curb Your Enthusiasm

London

Moves
04 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
That was only one bad move. In some of games of this thread there were series of patzer-like moves.
Indeed.

As you both said it's still remarkable that a player of Kramnik's strength missed this. If I'd missed it I'd be kicking myself for days so god knows how Kramnik felt about it.

Aside from being just 'one bad move' - as you rightly say - there's another difference. This was a tactical error. Anybody can over look a tactic - even a mate in one. What strong players don't do is suddenly make huge strategic errors - although some of the games in this thread feature this kind of blunder

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by cambridgeian
The silence from the 'insinuated' is deafening .... 😏
Speaking of people who ought to stay silent, let's look at some of your own 'rough days' at the office.

Game 5084270
Game 5084277
Game 5084263
Game 5084256
Game 5084258
Game 5084257
Game 5084262

All pulled from Tournament 4302, where you're gifting only certain players points.

c

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Speaking of people who ought to stay silent, let's look at some of your own 'rough days' at the office.

Game 5084270
Game 5084277
Game 5084263
Game 5084256
Game 5084258
Game 5084257
Game 5084262

All pulled from Tournament 4302, where you're gifting only certain players points.
My choice if I choose to even things up a bit in these group contests, especially with such high-rated players at the top ..... and It doesn't matter to me that my rating has dropped to well below my real rating ...

gave up against sfc1602 'cos it was obvious I'd be lucky to sneak even a draw

I think all my games in that group are done for now ....oh, except 2. Might just play those through until the end 😉

S

Moves
05 Jul 08

Why does Fat Lady think he can start cheating accusations here? He should leave the site if he thinks it has nothing to offer him.

FL

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by Squealchbelch
Why does Fat Lady think he can start cheating accusations here? He should leave the site if he thinks it has nothing to offer him.
I hope the admins crosscheck your IP address with those for other users when they boot this one for 3a.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
05 Jul 08

cheating accusations? please be more specicific.

S

Moves
05 Jul 08

Leave the site. Stop bitching Fat Lady. Do you think you are Mourinho?

S

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by clandarkfire
cheating accusations? please be more specicific.
The intention of the thread by Squealchbelch, Fat Lady, No1, Eldragonfly etc are that the site is running amok with engine users and so they are casting doubt on players here.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
05 Jul 08

Leave the site. Stop bitching Fat Lady. Do you think you are Mourinho?
Gee, arent you in a good mood?

JoL
Curb Your Enthusiasm

London

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by clandarkfire
Gee, arent you in a good mood?
I think it's Davros and he's really ars*d off that Doctor Who has just kicked his backside again.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

My choice if I choose to even things up a bit in these group contests, especially with such high-rated players at the top ..... and It doesn't matter to me that my rating has dropped to well below my real rating ...

gave up against sfc1602 'cos it was obvious I'd be lucky to sneak even a draw

I think all my games in that group are done for now ....oh, except 2. Might just play those through until the end 😉
No, it ought not to be your choice. Deliberately rigging a tournament like this is cheating and the site admins should have forfeited you from the tournament at the very least.

We don't need anyone 'evening up' tournaments. What's next, masters forced to give pawn odds to a 1700 who insists on entering an 1800+ tournament?

Ideally, blatant game-throwers [such as someone like you who says in their profile, "if we're still playing after move 5, be prepared for your rating to drop"] should be treated just like engine users and banned from the site.

c

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
No, it ought not to be your choice. Deliberately rigging a tournament like this is cheating and the site admins should have forfeited you from the tournament at the very least.

We don't need anyone 'evening up' tournaments. What's next, masters forced to give pawn odds to a 1700 who insists on entering an 1800+ tournament?

Ideally, blatant game-thr ...[text shortened]... your rating to drop"] should be treated just like engine users and banned from the site.
I pay my £15, so I'll play how I like. I don't like you, that's why we're still playing in this tourney. btw, nice graph

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Jul 08

I pay my £15, so I'll play how I like. I don't like you, that's why we're still playing in this tourney. btw, nice graph
Hey, how's IVV doing on their pointless quest to become #1 in the LAME clan challenge scoring system, huh?! 😀😀😀

Since we've established our mutual contempt for each other, allow me to fix your profile for you.

Fan of IVV, who are being completely outplayed for the no.1 spot

If we're still playing after 5 moves then you are one of the rare people I have not thrown a game against

Don't use engine assistance [Do use books and databases, because they are perfectly legal]

If you don't check my profile until 1/2 way thru our game, then you're too late [sucker - don't you know you're obligated to investigate all potential opponents before you start a game so that you avoid playing scum like me?!]

kc

unseen kingdom

Moves
06 Jul 08

?

S

Moves
06 Jul 08
1 edit

The game below; Game 1613020 also gives us inspiration, proving that with the right training anyone can become an IM class player!