Are There Any Conditional Moves Problems?

Are There Any Conditional Moves Problems?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
11 Jun 14

Hey,
I wanted to go ahead and set up a conditional move, but I was concerned that it might move something I don't want moved.

Have there been any problems with the conditional move feature moving a piece other than what you or someone else told it to do? I am not trusting it to happen correctly.

Please let me know if it has always worked for everyone else.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hey,
I wanted to go ahead and set up a conditional move, but I was concerned that it might move something I don't want moved.

Have there been any problems with the conditional move feature moving a piece other than what you or someone else told it to do? I am not trusting it to happen correctly.

It's always done exactly what I told it to. It works well.

d

New Jersey

Moves
11 Jun 14

It has only moved as set for me. I use conditional moves almost every game.

K

Moves
11 Jun 14
1 edit

DeepThought and Dcpk,
I went ahead and used the conditional move feature. I hope it works.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
11 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hey,

There is one important social caveat.

When you set up the move, there is a box to check if you are willing to accept a draw if offered.

The problem is that if your opponent offers a draw, but does not add a message, you will never know that the draw offer was made.

I had two or three situations when I first joined the site where someone offered me a draw when I had a conditional move in play.

Since the move kicked in automatically, they thought I just ignored them, when I was really oblivious to the whole thing.

Misunderstandings mar the playing experience, so it's nice to avoid them whenever possible-in my opinion, at least!

Beyond that, it works fine, and I use it on a regular basis. It's especially useful when the game is already decided, but the other person wants to continue playing.