Anything between blitz and CC on the web?

Anything between blitz and CC on the web?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Jan 06

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a live chess site with long time controls (40min-hour). I tried the blitz sites (like U chess) but found the games a little to quick for me to get much out of them. I am really looking for online practice for OTB play.

Any suggestions?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
26 Jan 06

Originally posted by WayneC
I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a live chess site with long time controls (40min-hour). I tried the blitz sites (like U chess) but found the games a little to quick for me to get much out of them. I am really looking for online practice for OTB play.

Any suggestions?
All the main online sites (ICC, FICS, Playchess) have a small, but dedicated group of slow time control enthusiasts.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
26 Jan 06

check out STC aka 'slow time controls' bunch.
http://www.stcbunch.org/

w

Wales

Moves
26 Jan 06

I play slow at playchess, mainly 90 min+ games, sometimes have to wait 5 mins before someone accepts the challenge but you can normally get one pretty quickly. There should be a slow league setup on playchess over the next month or so. Teams of 6 players, 90 min games, once a week, is the format being talked about.

Moves
27 Jan 06

These are great tips. I'll look into these sites. I've been considering trying out ICC. I've never heard of playchess at all so I'll check that out too.

w

Wales

Moves
27 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by WayneC
These are great tips. I'll look into these sites. I've been considering trying out ICC. I've never heard of playchess at all so I'll check that out too.
Playchess owns ICC 🙂

Just buy F9 for 15 quid....and get a years subscription, where as ICC would cost you double that at least.

http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/Home.aspx

You can get Fritz 9, pretty creap from there.