Any on line chess game to teach me openings?

Any on line chess game to teach me openings?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
01 Jan 07

I'm just getting clobbered here by more advanced players. Is there an on line computer game that will give me like a tutorial on good openings (for example)?

k

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by Savate
I'm just getting clobbered here by more advanced players. Is there an on line computer game that will give me like a tutorial on good openings (for example)?
I'm sure it's not the "opening" that gets you clobbered.

c

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by krim
I'm sure it's not the "opening" that gets you clobbered.
Actually his openings really do need work, lots of work.

t

my island

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
so do mine :'(

k

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=1330358

I suppose I stand corrected. However, it's just basic chess intuition that prevents that kind of stuff, not knowledge of opening lines.

c

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by krim
http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=1330358

I suppose I stand corrected. However, it's just basic chess intuition that prevents that kind of stuff, not knowledge of opening lines.
So I guess he could use both.

l

Moves
01 Jan 07

you may try http://www.eudesign.com/chessops/

s

Moves
01 Jan 07
1 edit

s

Moves
01 Jan 07

If you want to you can challenge me to an unrated game and I will talk you through the opening, but message me with your intended move first so I can tell you whether its a reasonable move or not (but you have to accept that I am not perfect so you will take on any faults in my play too)

A

Moves
01 Jan 07

You've got to have plans in the opening. General rules for openings are, control of the centre, develop your pieces and castle.

However when you make moves such as Be3 infact your blocking in pieces and making it harder to castle and moves such as g4 are juse giving away a pawn, weakening your pawns and allowing black to develop his pieces. So before you move any piece just ask yourself what is the point, can it be taken, is the piece I'm moving protecting something else etc etc

It's a little hard to begin with, but you'll soon pick it up and begin to see more. Just use google and I'm sure you'll find some good tips

http://chess.about.com/od/improveyouropenings/ss/ble50ndx.htm

z

Moves
01 Jan 07

Perhaps someone should start a need help getting to 1200 thread as the starting point was need help getting to 1400 thread.

VB

Moves
01 Jan 07

opening sdon;t matter

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
opening sdon;t matter
Opening maybe wasnt important in 18th century, but no in 21th 🙂