Any GMs or IMs on this site ?

Any GMs or IMs on this site ?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Dec 14

woadman- I believe you can play 6 games, you seem to have 4 ongoing.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by HikaruShindo
woadman- I believe you can play 6 games, you seem to have 4 ongoing.
He knows that. It was only a lame excuse.

S

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by woadman
I made it clear that I ACCEPT a game vs. FatLady . I also tried to challenge SirDubalot, with no luck...I was blocked out. NO PROB ! Once I get 5 rated games, I'll be free to go directly to the top !!.
I tried to send you a challenge, however I was unsuccessful as your self imposed maximum number of games is set to four.

Willy......

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Sirdubalot
I tried to send you a challenge, however I was unsuccessful as your self imposed maximum number of games is set to four.

Willy......
His game against Bahman56 was interesting, at move 21, offering a rook for a 2 move mate. Bah is rated 1593 so he is not a total duffer.

He is also going through Scottparks like a knife through butter.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by Sirdubalot

Willy......
Yes, he'll be playing those GMs in no time! At such a frantic pace.... 😛

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Yes, he'll be playing those GMs in no time! At such a frantic pace.... 😛
I pm'd him and he said he did not have an OTB rating but a UCCF rating above 2300. Any idea what that would be equivalent to in USCF talk?

He said he was playing a lot of games on another site which is why he is keeping his game count to 4 active for now.

Based on what I already saw from the few slightly higher rating games, I would say, wait a few before you knock him. Of course, he might just be another engine with a human voice, yet to be determined. Can you get a decent analysis on just a couple of games? Percent chance it is an engine?

DF

Moves
03 Dec 14

I agree that woadman looks at first sight to be a genuinely strong non-engine using player. I doubt if he has a USCF rating above 2300+ though, as someone that strong wouldn't bother coming to a site like this to beg for strong players to give him a game - he'd have an account on ICS or playchess.com or be playing proper correspondence chess if that was his thing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by Data Fly
I agree that woadman looks at first sight to be a genuinely strong non-engine using player. I doubt if he has a USCF rating above 2300+ though, as someone that strong wouldn't bother coming to a site like this to beg for strong players to give him a game - he'd have an account on ICS or playchess.com or be playing proper correspondence chess if that was his thing.
He said his USCF was in the 2200 area. He said it was ICCF above 2300. He said he has played corr. for years, maybe decades.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
03 Dec 14

There was a woadman playing on Chess Mail last year.
Rating 1499.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Dec 14
1 edit

If he's really that good, why is he deleting challenges from a 'mere' 2100 player?

And why the insistence that there can be only one game in which he MUST play white?

When he first came on this site, one of his sticking points was 'people take too long to move when they're losing!' and demanding a fast pace of play. Now, one good player challenges him and all we get is "I can barely maintain 4 games at once!"

Whatever happened to the would-be world beater, ready to torch tons of titled players? 😕

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
03 Dec 14

If he's really that good, why is he deleting challenges from a 'mere' 2100 player?

And why the insistence that there can be only one game in which he MUST play white?

When he first came on this site, one of his sticking points was 'people take too long to move when they're losing!' and demanding a fast pace of play. Now, one good player challeng ...[text shortened]... e!"

Whatever happened to the would-be world beater, ready to torch tons of titled players? 😕
Well put doggy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Dec 14

When he first came on this site, one of his sticking points was 'people take too long to move when they're losing!' and demanding a fast pace of play. Now, one good player challeng ...[text shortened]... e!"

It sounds odd for sure, especially for one claiming a master level in ICCF which you know takes months for games. Something is not striking right here.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
03 Dec 14

Agree.
A player of that strength is not going to come on here
full of gibber jabber.

It is amusing though.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by The Gravedigger
Agree.
A player of that strength is not going to come on here
full of gibber jabber.