1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 11:48
    To anyone who is interested, I have invented a new chess variant called antler chess, or just anch for short, which is so called because it has a kind of chess piece called an antler and which is in the shape of an antler.
    Anch is played on a bigger 9-by-9 board than the standard 8-by-8 board of standard chess and has 3 kinds of new fairy chess pieces: antlers, squids and octopuses.

For a game of anch to end in a dray is impossible! And, as my many game simulations have shown, it makes MUCH more interesting play than standard chess or for that matter any other chess variant. I have always been a chess enthusiast and designing an 'ultimate' perfect chess variant has been one of my big life long obsessions and I believe I have now achieved just that.

There is no king in anch thus no 'check' or 'checkmate' in anch and the object of the anch game is to either win via what is called deadlock or, and much more likely achieved, win via what is called 'j-mate', which is analogous to but not the same as the 'checkmate' in standard.
    There are no promotions in anch but, instead, a category of chess piece called a junior, where a 'junior' can be either a pawn or a antler, can do what a j-mate which means a junior moved onto its enemy's first rank and the player that does this is instantly defined as the winner of the game.

I was trying to make money from my anch invention by trying to persuade either a toy broker or a toy manufacture but, after a few weeks of trying in vain, I realized that is IMPOSSIBLE to do because these days NO toy broker or toy manufacture is interested in ANY chess variant, no matter HOW 'good' it is, because new chess variants AS A RULE just aren't marketable any more!
    So I have now completely given up trying to do that for profit and I am no longer so worried about possible plagiarism but, instead, I just want people to try playing anch for fun in the hope that one day MANY chess players will have great fun playing my chess variant.

Now, here I will take some security risk of revealing my e-mail below (please try and be careful to who you give it out to) for anyone that wants to e-mail me to request me sending them my (free) word document with the title of "Antler chess manual", which I will send on request as an e-mail attachment, which explains the anch rules along with all the many (artistic) diagrams to clarify those rules.

So, if you want my Antler chess manual, just e-mail my using the e-mail below, which I will try and remember to check at least once a week, and ask for it and I will be happy to do so;

ahumy1000@hotmail.com

To then play anch, obviously, you will need to make your own improvised 9-by-9 board along with improvised fairy chess pieces which I assume you would make out of flat bits of cardboard with the symbols for the fairy pieces simply drawn onto them. And then you will, of course, need to find someone to play anch with.
    If you get to actually play a game of anch, PLEASE then e-mail me to let me know what you think of anch and whether you find it as much fun to play as I do!
    If you have recorded the moves of your games, if you like, e-mail some of them to me because I would really love to see them!
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 13:361 edit
    I don't know why but my e-mail doesn't always work because sometimes it is 'blocked'.
    If you try and fail to e-mail me, just give me your e-mail in private messages only (NOT publicly) and I will get back to you. I promise not to give your e-mail to anyone else and delete it once I have no further legitimate use for it.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 13:411 edit
    @humy said
    I don't know why but my e-mail doesn't always work because sometimes it is 'blocked'.
    If you try and fail to e-mail me, just give me your e-mail in private messages only (NOT publicly) and I will get back to you. I promise not to give your e-mail to anyone else.
    My missedit:

"For a game of anch to end in a dray is impossible!"

should be

For a game of anch to end in a draw is impossible!

A completed game of anch can only end with one player winning and the other losing.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 21:55
    Quality post, I have found my answer so Thanks alot
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 21:07
    @alex-hood said
    Quality post, I have found my answer so Thanks alot
    Can someone kill this spammer? Ta muchly.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 22:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree