accused of cheating

accused of cheating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
19 Dec 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
If I always beat players rated 200 points below me by just choosing to play only such players would my rating not continue to rise indefinately?

We all lose to inferior players and beat better players from time to time.
not to even mention the games we SHOULD've lost because of some braindead blunder, but the low rated blunders back into a draw or even a win. I've had those against even 1200's...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Dec 08

I lost to a player rated 1400, as a result of a clanger from me. Then the next game beat some rated 2300, as a result of a clanger from them.

In a game against someone lower i sometimes play an opening i'm new to, which can sometimes end in disaster. Against someone of the same rating or higher i try to stick to what i know best.........which isn't really a lot.

a
cubs in 09!

Moves
19 Dec 08

yeah ive had some games thats ive lost to people 300 points lower rated than me but i dont accuse them of cheating. Some lower rating players are just underrated and are strong than they appear

p

Moves
19 Dec 08

Originally posted by matt013
it is not a flattering label liar and cheat. A good person would accept defeat and as suggest by others learn from their mistakes
sorry, probably i didn't use the right words, what i meant was that if you beat honestly a stronger player, who then accuses you of cheating, i'd take it as a compliment as it means you played very well

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
19 Dec 08

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I lost to a player rated 1400, as a result of a clanger from me. Then the next game beat some rated 2300, as a result of a clanger from them.

In a game against someone lower i sometimes play an opening i'm new to, which can sometimes end in disaster. Against someone of the same rating or higher i try to stick to what i know best.........which isn't really a lot.
What you say is exactly why we lose against inferior opposition. Against strong opponents I play a line I know well and constantly refer to books and DBs. I also spend much more time analysing the position. Against inferior opponents I try new things, take chances and don't bother to calculate deeply or refer to my books. So I beat the good player and lose to the weak one.

z

Moves
19 Dec 08

i was recently falsely accused of cheating using a engine because l had two wins over a higher rated player than myself. I average around 1300. Is there someone who could study the games to prove innocence. I take the accusation very seriously and a huge insult. Thank you matthew Game 5638673 Game 5638680
There is no point, in my opinion, of using a computer to play one's games. You are an honest person whose rating fluctuates up and dow, just like the rest of us. I have also been accused of using a computer. Rubbish. It is a simple case of 'Sour Grapes' by the accuser.

z

Moves
19 Dec 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
What you say is exactly why we lose against inferior opposition. Against strong opponents I play a line I know well and constantly refer to books and DBs. I also spend much more time analysing the position. Against inferior opponents I try new things, take chances and don't bother to calculate deeply or refer to my books. So I beat the good player and lose to the weak one.
Agreed! I play like this, also. In many ways, it is a good idea NOT TO KNOW the opponent's rating. I make losing moves against weaker players in the knowledge that they will probably not see the 'trap'. Legal's pseudosacrifice is a classic example.

m
matt

perth australia

Moves
20 Dec 08

fyi i contacted my accusor of this invesigation and comments he stil accuses me of cheating and has deceide to quit rhp and all his games. I told him rhp is a better site for him leaving and chess is the overall winner. Thanks to all

i

Moves
20 Dec 08

i was recently falsely accused of cheating using a engine because l had two wins over a higher rated player than myself. I average around 1300. Is there someone who could study the games to prove innocence. I take the accusation very seriously and a huge insult. Thank you matthew Game 5638673 Game 5638680
he did sloppy openings and you beat him with straightforward tactics. he should get a tactics book

E

Moves
20 Dec 08

Originally posted by wormwood
it just comes with the territory. you can never actually see your opponent, so very quickly the paranoia gets out of hand.

as a rule of thumb, cheating is not a problem under 2000. and most 2000+ players recognize cheaters from their unprincipled but crushing moves anyway, and probably wouldn't even bother to mention the issue to the cheater, but report ...[text shortened]...

but when you're 1300 and someone accuses you, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Is the only reason a person gets banned because the person was cheating? I played this person and later saw that the person was later banned. This person's rating was less than 900.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=450215

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
20 Dec 08

Originally posted by Eladar
Is the only reason a person gets banned because the person was cheating? I played this person and later saw that the person was later banned. This person's rating was less than 900.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=450215
Multiple accounts or harassment can also do it. I'm guessing multiple accounts in that case as I see no public forum posts.