A little help explaining this draw?

A little help explaining this draw?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
And you know this how?
And how is it an explanation anyway?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
And how is it an explanation anyway?
OMG...what is your problem?

To no1marauder: same question.

N

The sky

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Red Night

I am just wondering how that piece of information was relevant to GalaxyShield's question.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07
1 edit

I am just wondering how that piece of information was relevant to GalaxyShield's question.
It would seem apparent to me.

And I don't think that you are wondering anything and instead are implying everything.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

What's yours? If you aren't interested in other people's input regarding Galaxy Shield's question, read something else besides this thread.

N

The sky

Moves
27 Sep 07

It would seem apparent to me.

And I don't think that you are wondering anything and instead are implying everything.
What am I implying in your opinion? And if it's apparent to you, why don't you explain it to me? It was a rated game - I don't think it's common practice in rated games to play differently or offer a draw in a position in which you usually wouldn't just because you are playing a relative, is it? Or was Lolette making an accusation?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07

What's yours?
My problem is that the tone of this thread is accusatory.

Are two players allowed to agree to a draw in a position that is essentially even or not?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07

What am I implying in your opinion?
To quote you:

"I don't think it's common practice in rated games to play differently or offer a draw in a position in which you usually wouldn't just because you are playing a relative, is it?"

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07
1 edit

My problem is that the tone of this thread is accusatory.

Are two players allowed to agree to a draw in a position that is essentially even or not?
Don't post in the thread if you don't like its "tone".

It was a public, rated game. This is an open forum about chess. The position is one where to agree to a draw is bizarre; there is plenty of play. Any strong player would know this (or even a not-so-strong player).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

To quote you:

"I don't think it's common practice in rated games to play differently or offer a draw in a position in which you usually wouldn't just because you are playing a relative, is it?"
Are you saying that the statement quoted isn't correct?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07

Don't post in the thread if you don't like its "tone".

It was a public, rated game. This is an open forum about chess. The position is one where to agree to a draw is bizarre; there is plenty of play. Any strong player would know this.
I'll post in any thread that I feel like posting in.

I will not be bullied by the likes of you.

Sure there is plenty of play. Draws happen all of the time in games where there is plenty of play.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07

Are you saying that the statement quoted isn't correct?
I think the statement is correct in that it was clearly what Nordlys was implying.

I think the additional implication was that there was something nefarious going on.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

I'll post in any thread that I feel like posting in.

I will not be bullied by the likes of you.

Sure there is plenty of play. Draws happen all of the time in games where there is plenty of play.
Yup, there are plenty of draws in CC play with all the major pieces still on the board.🙄

If you were rated 900 points higher than someone, would you accept a draw in Black's position?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

I think the statement is correct in that it was clearly what Nordlys was implying.

I think the additional implication was that there was something nefarious going on.
When someone directly says something, they are not "implying" it. So is Nordly's statement factually correct or not?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 07

Yup, there are plenty of draws in CC play with all the major pieces still on the board.🙄

If you were rated 900 points higher than someone, would you accept a draw in Black's position?
I already said that I probably would.

1. I don't care that much about "friendly" games.

2. I already had beaten the player once.

3. The player had done well to get 32 moves into the game a pawn up. If they offered a draw at that point, I'd probably take it.