A ladder game with an opponent who doesn't move

A ladder game with an opponent who doesn't move

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
14 May 10

I started a challenge game against (21days timeout) a player that seems to be disappeared from many days (he also lost several other games in tournaments by timeout). Since the time is not running (he has to make the first move), is there any way to kill the game without resigning and loosing points?

Conductor

Zwolle

Moves
14 May 10

Originally posted by actuals
I started a challenge game against (21days timeout) a player that seems to be disappeared from many days (he also lost several other games in tournaments by timeout). Since the time is not running (he has to make the first move), is there any way to kill the game without resigning and loosing points?
I don't think so!
You have to wait 42 days and the skull will come up.

MA
Nyuszi, golyó!

Moves
14 May 10

I don't think you lose points if you resign before the game starts.

F

Moves
14 May 10

Originally posted by Mariska Angela
I don't think you lose points if you resign before the game starts.
Rating points? No.
Win/lose statistics? Yes.
If I'm right...

o
Art is hard

Moves
14 May 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Rating points? No.
Win/lose statistics? Yes.
If I'm right...
Won't you also loose your position in the ladder? I would just wait for the skull to appear.

s

Moves
14 May 10

If you challenged him, then if you lose nothing happens. If you're able to just quit out of it, that's probably best then you can challenge someone else.

MA
Nyuszi, golyó!

Moves
14 May 10
1 edit

Originally posted by orion25
Won't you also loose your position in the ladder? I would just wait for the skull to appear.
actuals started the challenge, which obviously means he is the one challenging. So, if he resigns it won't effect anything I assume.

o
Art is hard

Moves
14 May 10

Originally posted by Mariska Angela
actuals started the challenge, which obviously means he is the one challenging. So, if he resigns it won't effect anything I assume.
If that's the case, then yes.