A game

A game

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
14 Jun 07

I lost this game, but I was wondering if some of the higher rated people look at it and give me some pointers as to where I went wrong. I feel I had a large advantage until about 3 to 5 moves before I resigned, so I am curious as to what i missed.

Game 3683548

FL

Moves
14 Jun 07
1 edit

After 21. ... Kc7 the black bishop on e7 is under defended and you could have won it with 22. g3. I know you were after the king at that stage, but I don't think you can checkmate him straight away, and winning a piece instead is a good consolation prize.

L

Moves
14 Jun 07

Originally posted by Fat Lady
After 21. ... Kc7 the black bishop on e7 is under defended and you could have won it with 22. g3. I know you were after the king at that stage, but I don't think you can mate the king, and winning a piece instead is a good consolation prize.
Wow I missed that one, thanks. And yeah I think I became too focused on the king. I thought after Ba6 he either had to sac his rook or move back to the center of the board where I had mate threats.... I completely missed him being able to go to b8... was a bad mental block

D

Moves
16 Jun 07
1 edit

1. Bxa7+ Kxa7
2. Qd2 Kxa6
3. Rc7
and you still have a fighting chance.