1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:182 edits
    Originally posted by Jie
    You should not be surprised if someone claiming to have competence in a certain area is unaware of the code of conduct of the site nor basics of the area they claim competence in. Mitigating factors :-

- cheap internet degrees
    - possible substance abuse.

Do yerself a favour and ignore them.
    For person who also have been accused English Tal in cheating (I know about your PMs) your remarks are obvious hypocrisy.

P.S. But what else could we expect from person who is z00ting all around? 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:36
    Originally posted by Jie
    Do yerself a favour and ignore them.
    ^^^
    What Jie said.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:41
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    English Tal finally awarded the 2007 Championship. After the scandal and accusations, he has the award and the site has not lost an excellent chess player. 🙂
    I think with hindsight since I was not there :-

- it was wrong to award English Tal the title without vetting him.
    - as English Tal & his friends in the OTB chess club were probably making the most noises/accusations they did not look within.
  5. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    😀
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:43
    I would not think they are the same person. Perhaps they were in the OTB club? Even Tyranorex thought his friend "was clean" until he had a look.
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:471 edit
    Originally posted by Jie
    I think with hindsight since I was not there :-

- it was wrong to award English Tal the title without vetting him.
    - as English Tal & his friends in the OTB chess club were probably making the most noises/accusations they did not look within.
    If English Tal was indeed being investigated then it would have been more sensible to wait until that was finished before awarding the 2007 Championship.

I first became aware of English Tal's high match-ups when statistics of a couple of games he had with Weyerstrass were posted. I was very surprised and because the match-ups were so high (was it 18/22 1st choice and the rest 2nd choice for one game?) I immediately feared the worst.

Edit. It hardly needs to be said, but obviously Pawn Qween is not English Tal. If she was, and ET had been booted for 3a, then the Pawn Qween account would have been banned at the same time.
  8. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:47
    Originally posted by Jie
    I would not think they are the same person. Perhaps they were in the OTB club? Even Tyranorex thought his friend "was clean" until he had a look.
    English Tal was accepted in OTB players club for a long time after it was started. I`ve warned Dragon Fire but unfortunately he was so sure that English Tal is genuine.....
  9. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 15:514 edits
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    If English Tal was indeed being investigated then it would have been more sensible to wait until that was finished before awarding the 2007 Championship.

I first became aware of English Tal's high match-ups when statistics of a couple of games he had with Weyerstrass were posted. I was very surprised and because the match-ups were so high (was it 18/22 1st choice and the rest 2nd choice for one game?) I immediately feared the worst.
    Actually according to cludi (in his blog), he has been send feedback about English Tal (about his 2007 championship games) in February of 2008. I can understand that they might not to trust cludi as suspect (he wasn`t banned then), but I know that they had some more reasons to suspect him.....

Anyway - awarding him as 2007 champion was very careless move to say nothing more.
  10. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 16:08
    Thank you all for making me laugh, you really do brighten up an otherwise boring day of work. 🙂

I'm going to ask Russ if we can have a "Speculation" forum, it could be the funniest yet!
    😀😛
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 16:17
    Thank you all for making me laugh, you really do brighten up an otherwise boring day of work. 🙂

I'm going to ask Russ if we can have a "Speculation" forum, it could be the funniest yet!
    😀😛
    It would be best if the ignore button actually hid the posts of an ignored person like on some sites rather than blocking p.m's from that person.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 16:29

😀😛
    I'm happy to brighten up your day - then my day wasn't totally wasted!

Regarding a new speculation forum - I think you would make an excellent moderator as you've shown abilities several levels above average in this discipline...
  13. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 17:59
    Originally posted by BlitzNewbie
    I'm happy to brighten up your day - then my day wasn't totally wasted!

Regarding a new speculation forum - I think you would make an excellent moderator as you've shown abilities several levels above average in this discipline...
    Maybe following your lead 😛
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 01:53
    Originally posted by Korch
    And our awarded 2007 champion is banned.......
    Swine! 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree