$39.95 is too much

$39.95 is too much

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by Nowakowski
No halts. Just speed bumps.

Have you hit a road block? I see you don't even play on this site...
I'd reached the stage where I had to put a lot more effort into my games to get my rating up and it infuriated me when I'd put hours of time into a game, lose it and then find out some weeks or months later that my opponent had been using an engine. I decided to only play blitz online and leave the serious stuff for over-the-board.

NMD

Moves
19 Nov 09

I am in favour or censorship in general but I didn`t notice Philidor Promoting another site. I just saw him answer someone elses question. The question being the title of this thread.
I also thought his profile was just linking to the philidor blog not spamming an ad.

a

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by Nowakowski
Its irony, look here...
User 238298

IRONY.

Note to all players: the Nowakowski chess program is accepting all applications.
Please PM your applications to heinzkat. Technical support issues should be sent by
PM to Fat Lady. All payments must be made to our regional director, Swiss Gambit.

User 436601

-GIN
I wasn't being ironic, I was stating a fact. The player who beat Weyerstrass is called Woodworm, not Wormwood.

h

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by acb123
I wasn't being ironic, I was stating a fact. The player who beat Weyerstrass is called Wormwood, not Woodworm.
And hilarity ensued...

FL

Moves
19 Nov 09

I wasn't being ironic, I was stating a fact. The player who beat Weyerstrass is called Woodworm, not Wormwood.
You weren't being ironic, heinzkat was. He deliberately stated that the wrong player beat Weyerstrass because there was so much genuine confusion between the two immediately after the infamous Weyerstrass vs woodworm game.

a

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by philidor position
No, to be honest, I think there's nothing RHP has to offer except non-inflated ratings and the chess only forum community.

I'm always with the more & free on these issues. Same applies to Chess.com's non-free tactics training vs. Chesstempo's free and way much better tools, or many "videos by masters" sites (including chess.com's non-free videos section) versus the free chessvideos.tv, the list would go on.
Do you go to people's houses as a dinner guest, and then complain about the food? You're on a free ride here, so you have no right to critisise. The owners of this site make nothing out of you, apart from the advertising revenue, so why would they be concerned at your threat to leave? For me, this site is the best value for money that I spend all year.....( no, I don't know Russ or any of the other owners 🙂 )

a

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by Fat Lady
You weren't being ironic, heinzkat was. He deliberately stated that the wrong player beat Weyerstrass because there was so much genuine confusion between the two immediately after the infamous Weyerstrass vs woodworm game.
I see. Thanks.

p

Moves
19 Nov 09

Do you go to people's houses as a dinner guest, and then complain about the food? You're on a free ride here, so you have no right to critisise.
freedom of speach maybe ?

h

Moves
19 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by polux
I never go to the Burger King advertising for McDonald's 😛

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by polux
doesn't apply. not a democracy either. both things that people here often don't realize.

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by vipiu
depends on the place where you are living...
Imagine that people in Afica that have 50$/year...or those in China that have 50$/month...for some it might be expensive...
I live in a nice country and I still think it is expensive, so the things are relative...
yes but the site owners are english were it's not so cheap. plus they get money from the ads that you see so without knowing the exact figures i'd say they're making more now than they would if they reduced the fee and got more subscribers.

G

Lagos

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by vipiu
Imagine that people in Afica that have 50$/year
Dude where do you get your info from?

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by Goshen
Dude where do you get your info from?
$50 a year and regular internet access.

G

Lagos

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
$50 a year and regular internet access.
That's nonsense. And a very ignorant statement similar to that made by vipiu

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by Goshen
That's nonsense
wut? and here's me all set to move to africa to live on $50 a year and have regular internet access. what am i supposed to do now if this is false?