If you were Russ...

If you were Russ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08
1 edit

If you were Russ...

If you were Russ and/or Chris, how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?

One simple courtesy request: Please find other sandboxes to jest, fixate and fight in. Only thoughtful replies go here.

Thanks.

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
If you were Russ...

One simple courtesy request: Please find other sandboxes to jest, fixate and fight in. Only thoughtful replies go here.

Thanks.
LOL, try Site Ideas?

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
26 Jun 08

If you were Russ...

If you were Russ and/or Chris, how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?

Thanks.
What moderation issues?

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
What moderation issues?

Read a book!

Moves
26 Jun 08

If you were Russ...

Thanks.
Wasn't it you who said, "We have met the enemy and he is Russ"?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Four flippant replies. So as always, we consider and make allowances for

the source. Yours however, RI Andy, disappoints. You're better than that.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Jun 08

how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?
What moderation issues?

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Clan 24409

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Crowley
What moderation issues?
Site Map still shows your nickname as a member of the Forum Mod Team. Seems you might have some

appreciation of strategic RHP site objectives, as well as a sense of tactical day to day operational issues.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Jun 08

Site Map still shows your nickname as a member of the Forum Mod Team. Seems you might have some

appreciation of strategic RHP site objectives, as well as a sense of tactical day to day operational issues.
Dude, we aren't military. What the hell are you on about?

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
26 Jun 08

If you were Russ...

Thanks.
I would require that each person be informed by the mod account exactly why they're being banned, and the same of the Powers That Be when someone is banned from the site. In the latter case, an e-mail that says something along the lines of "Your moves matched up to Fritz in these 4 games" or "this is the person you were found to be harassing" or whatever. In the case of forum bans, a simple "this is what you did that earned the ban" would be nice. I'd also periodically remind people that warnings are a courtesy and not a requirement.

Really, that's it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Crowley
Dude, we aren't military. What the hell are you on about?
The initial post, simply and honestly, solicits thoughtful replies. That's hardly a difficult concept to grasp...

except perhaps to members bent on tossing their clever wit or presumed weight around to be disruptive.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
I would require that each person be informed by the mod account exactly why they're being banned, and the same of the Powers That Be when someone is banned from the site. In the latter case, an e-mail that says something along the lines of "Your moves matched up to Fritz in these 4 games" or "this is the person you were found to be harassing" or whateve ...[text shortened]... remind people that warnings are a courtesy and not a requirement.

Really, that's it.
Thank you, Pawnie.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
26 Jun 08

If you were Russ...

Thanks.
I would send each of them a "gg" letter... then start loading.

Except you Miss O.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 08

I gave my opinion, but it was removed.