If you were Russ...

If you were Russ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
29 Nov 08

If I were Russ I'd look at who's complaining about what. If someone was unfairly banned, i.e. they'd done nothing that was inappropriate, I would intervene. If someone was whining because they'd gotten in trouble for doing something that they knew not to do on this site, then I'd ignore them. If you're the only car that Officer Ticket pulls over for doing twenty mph over the speed limit, then it's not nice of Officer Ticket but you still broke the law and still deserve the ticket. If you want other people to be banned or have their threads pulled, click on the post's link and fill out the form. You have the power to have others face the same consequences that you do for the same infringement.

Here's the other thing I'd do if I were Russ: I'd immediately delete every post that refuses to name names and exact situations. Innuendos are for sleazy people and cowards. If you can't say exactly who did what when and what the result was, then you're just whining. Whining is for day care centers.

[/soapbox]

M

Moves
29 Nov 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
If I were Russ I'd look at who's complaining about what. If someone was unfairly banned, i.e. they'd done nothing that was inappropriate, I would intervene. If someone was whining because they'd gotten in trouble for doing something that they knew not to do on this site, then I'd ignore them. If you're the only car that Officer Ticket pulls over for d ...[text shortened]... sult was, then you're just whining. Whining is for day care centers.

[/soapbox]
I kind of love you. Recc'd.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
29 Nov 08

If you can't say exactly who did what when and what the result was, then you're just whining. Whining is for day care centers.

[/soapbox]
Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the library. Miss Scarlet was killed.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
29 Nov 08

Originally posted by adramforall
Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the library. Miss Scarlet was killed.
Miss Scarlet was killed because she used to be Colonel Mustard's cousin, Sergeant Fuchsia, before the whole surgery thing. But since Colonel Mustard was being vetted for a possible place on the ticket as Vice President, the Colonel didn't want any skeletons in his closet, so to speak.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Dec 08

If I were Russ I'd look at who's complaining about what. If someone was unfairly banned, i.e. they'd done nothing that was inappropriate, I would intervene. If someone was whining because they'd gotten in trouble for doing something that they knew not to do on this site, then I'd ignore them. If you're the only car that Officer Ticket pulls over for d ...[text shortened]... sult was, then you're just whining. Whining is for day care centers.

[/soapbox]
First paragraph is refreshingly objective. Second seems a bit draconian and ignores solution cost, which may exceed the cost of the problem.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
05 Dec 08

[/soapbox]
If you were Russ you wouldn't have time to do any of that as you'd be far too busy coding and developing the site. Instead you'd hire a team of volunteer moderators to do it for you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jan 09

[/soapbox]
Rec'd.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
06 Jan 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
If you were Russ...

If you were Russ and/or Chris, how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?

One simple courtesy request: Please find other sandboxes to jest, fixate and fight in. Only thoughtful replies go here.

Thanks.
Definitely hold an annual Red Hot Pawn Moron Jousting Tournament. I would hold mod auditions by having candidates engage in one-legged dance-off competitions.

Sorry Grampy, you asked for it.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Rec'd.
I cant believe you've brought this back from a month ago.....just to post "rec'd".

After you replied to it a month ago.

This could be an all time low.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
06 Jan 09

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I cant believe you've brought this back from a month ago.....just to post "rec'd".

After you replied to it a month ago.

This could be an all time low.
Do you have FireFox installed with greasemonkey?