Tournament Organization

Tournament Organization

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
25 Dec 07

I think it would be a great idea to give players the option to manually organize their tournaments. For example, when I click on 'my active' in the tournaments section, I end up looking at like 15 different tournaments. The problem is that half of these I have been eliminated from.

I suggest making a 'My eliminated' folder as a subdivision of the 'my active' folder.. thereby making it easier to watch the progress of the tournaments that still hold meaning to you.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
25 Dec 07

YES!

The Tao Temple

Moves
25 Dec 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
I suggest making a 'My eliminated' folder as a subdivision of the 'my active' folder.. thereby making it easier to watch the progress of the tournaments that still hold meaning to you.
Thirded.
Good idea!

A

Amsterdam

Moves
25 Dec 07

Good idea..

When you click on "My Active Tournaments", I don't wanna see the tournaments that I have been eliminated from..

ss
higher me

lookin' at ya'

Moves
25 Dec 07

that seems like a splendid idea.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
26 Dec 07

and i mean.. i like that I can see the final rounds of tournaments I was in.. it's always nice to learn from the stronger players.. but for convenience sake i think it would be nice to just see the tournaments we're playing in .. makes it faster to check for how long till the next round, etc.

M

Moves
26 Dec 07

I think it would be a great idea to give players the option to manually organize their tournaments. For example, when I click on 'my active' in the tournaments section, I end up looking at like 15 different tournaments. The problem is that half of these I have been eliminated from.

I suggest making a 'My eliminated' folder as a subdivision of the 'my ac ...[text shortened]... making it easier to watch the progress of the tournaments that still hold meaning to you.
Yes please !!!!

I hate being reminded of all the ones I've been kicked out of, so a subgroup for them sounds like a great idea.

JoR
Scotch addict

Moves
26 Dec 07

Not forgetting "My victories" 🙂

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by John of Reading
Not forgetting "My victories" 🙂
these are displayed on your player profile

G
Borderer

Scotland

Moves
27 Dec 07

Great idea, I was eliminated back in July/August on one torno in round 1.

But one player in another group, who shall remain nameless (but most would guess) , has 50% of his games still to play and only up to 25-30 moves in each game.

I can't qualify to next round, my games are over, my group has been decided. What use is it to have on my active list?

b
Purveyor of Potatoes

Here

Moves
29 Dec 07

I suggest making a 'My eliminated' folder as a subdivision of the 'my ac ...[text shortened]... making it easier to watch the progress of the tournaments that still hold meaning to you.
Yes! Rec'd! Please, Russ do this soon!

F

Moves
29 Dec 07

I made a proposition in Thread 83208.

When a tournament winner is decided the tournament get from status 'active' to 'completed', even if the tournament is still active for those participants who have games still in progress in this tournament.

Then we have tournaments 'active' when one player has finishe all of his games.

I would like to revise the tournament status definition alltogether.

JoR
Scotch addict

Moves
30 Dec 07

I prefer ih8sens' suggestion here for manual organisation of tournaments. If we can organise the tournaments into arbitrary sub-folders, as we do for "My Games", we don't have to agree on the exact meaning of "active", "completed" etc.

F

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by John of Reading
I prefer ih8sens' suggestion here for manual organisation of tournaments. If we can organise the tournaments into arbitrary sub-folders, as we do for "My Games", we don't have to agree on the exact meaning of "active", "completed" etc.
Agree!

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
31 Dec 07

holy cow 10 rec's .. looks like this one went over well 😛.