My favorite song right now

My favorite song right now

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
11 Jun 20

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jun 20

🤪

Read a book!

Moves
11 Jun 20

Hum a few bars and we'll give it a try.

rain

Moves
11 Jun 20
1 edit

@handyandy said
Hum a few bars and we'll give it a try.
Remember those songs from when you were young, when you'd pay a nickel to see to see those new "talking pictures" that were all the rage, before going out to dance the Charleston?

This song is nothing like that.

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@vivify said
Remember those songs from when you were young, when you'd pay a nickel to see to see those new "talking pictures" that were all the rage, before going out to dance the Charleston?

This song is nothing like that.
The difference is less than you realize. If you knew anything about music you'd recognize that.

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Jun 20

Summer... 😍

rain

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
The difference is less than you realize. If you knew anything about music you'd recognize that.
Oh, so you did listen. Lovely.

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@vivify said
Oh, so you did listen. Lovely.
I know you were trying to be a wiseass, but nickelodeons and The Charleston were way before my time. My earliest memory of popular music was the Big Band Era, the heyday of Benny Goodman, the Dorseys, Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, et al. Doja Cat wouldn't make it as a second-string band singer back then.

rain

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
I know you were trying to be a wiseass
Just trading jabs with your initial comment. Nothing personal, just figured wise-ass remarks were just how we say hello around here.

While you're right that Doja would be second-string back in your day, singers from your era wouldn't crack the top 200 today.

w

Moves
12 Jun 20

@vivify said
[youtube Doja Cat - Say So]pok8H_KF1FA[/youtube]

Sorry, but this one is the best ever!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
I know you were trying to be a wiseass, but nickelodeons and The Charleston were way before my time. My earliest memory of popular music was the Big Band Era, the heyday of Benny Goodman, the Dorseys, Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, et al. Doja Cat wouldn't make it as a second-string band singer back then.
I was born too late. My fantasy has been to play with any of the bands from that era. The closest I can get now is jazz or blues clubs.

rain

Moves
12 Jun 20

@suzianne said
I was born too late. My fantasy has been to play with any of the bands from that era. The closest I can get now is jazz or blues clubs.
What do you play?

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@vivify said
Just trading jabs with your initial comment. Nothing personal, just figured wise-ass remarks were just how we say hello around here.

While you're right that Doja would be second-string back in your day, singers from your era wouldn't crack the top 200 today.
Did you forget Sinatra?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Did you forget Sinatra?
One would have to be old enough to remember Frank!

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@vivify said
What do you play?
Piano.

I can also play sax, flute and clarinet, although not nearly as well as piano.