Internet Explorer 10 support ending early Q3 2018

Internet Explorer 10 support ending early Q3 2018

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 May 18
3 edits

Internet Explorer 10 users. (Just a few exist still)

Please upgrade (or use an alternative browser) or you may find you are unable to continue to use this service. There is no firm date for this change, this thread will be updated in the future when this is known.

Windows 10 user's can use Microsoft Edge, which ships with Windows 10, or consider :

Windows 7 or 8 users : Internet Explorer 11

Or :

Chrome

Firefox

Opera

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
11 Sep 18
3 edits

Just a reminder, we will no longer be supporting "IE10" (and older) soon.

"IE11" will be the oldest Microsoft Browser to receive support. (Win 7 & Win 8 users)

"Edge" is highly recommended, if available. (Win 10)

Australia

Moves
12 Sep 18

Some of us (with hand-control issues) can't use Windows 10 and will need to stay with W7 and IE11. Please don't take them away too soon.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kewpie
Some of us (with hand-control issues) can't use Windows 10 and will need to stay with W7 and IE11. Please don't take them away too soon.
IE11 is the most current Microsoft browser for Win 7, so we will continue to support it.

It is causing some headaches though, predictably.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
16 Sep 18

Originally posted by @russ
IE11 is the most current Microsoft browser for Win 7, so we will continue to support it.

It is causing some headaches though, predictably.
For what it's worth, I think it's a disgraceful money making scheme the way Microsoft and the browsers stop "supporting" older versions of their software so you are virtually forced to update.
i am perfectly happy with Windows vista -as I was with windows 95 for that matter but I suppose the day will dawn when I can't use my computer because the software will stop working.
Why can't they just leave things alone?
Answer -It's all about making money.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Sep 18
2 edits

There is a big cost to supporting legacy software though. Nothing prevents you using an old operating system, of course, but your potential for having your computer compromised increases massively once security fixes are no longer provided.

So upgrading is inevitable and in your interests too.

Edit : Vista is long dead and you should plan to migrate away as soon as possible.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support