1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 May '18 10:313 edits
    Internet Explorer 10 users. (Just a few exist still)

Please upgrade (or use an alternative browser) or you may find you are unable to continue to use this service. There is no firm date for this change, this thread will be updated in the future when this is known.

Windows 10 user's can use Microsoft Edge, which ships with Windows 10, or consider :

Windows 7 or 8 users : Internet Explorer 11

Or :

Chrome

Firefox

Opera
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 16:493 edits
    Just a reminder, we will no longer be supporting "IE10" (and older) soon.

"IE11" will be the oldest Microsoft Browser to receive support. (Win 7 & Win 8 users)

"Edge" is highly recommended, if available. (Win 10)
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 01:54
    Some of us (with hand-control issues) can't use Windows 10 and will need to stay with W7 and IE11. Please don't take them away too soon.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 09:27
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    Some of us (with hand-control issues) can't use Windows 10 and will need to stay with W7 and IE11. Please don't take them away too soon.
    IE11 is the most current Microsoft browser for Win 7, so we will continue to support it.

It is causing some headaches though, predictably.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 16:20
    Originally posted by @russ
    IE11 is the most current Microsoft browser for Win 7, so we will continue to support it.

It is causing some headaches though, predictably.
    For what it's worth, I think it's a disgraceful money making scheme the way Microsoft and the browsers stop "supporting" older versions of their software so you are virtually forced to update.
    i am perfectly happy with Windows vista -as I was with windows 95 for that matter but I suppose the day will dawn when I can't use my computer because the software will stop working.
    Why can't they just leave things alone?
    Answer -It's all about making money.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 19:322 edits
    There is a big cost to supporting legacy software though. Nothing prevents you using an old operating system, of course, but your potential for having your computer compromised increases massively once security fixes are no longer provided.

So upgrading is inevitable and in your interests too.

Edit : Vista is long dead and you should plan to migrate away as soon as possible.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree