Skeeter back at 2400.

Skeeter back at 2400.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Sep 11

Now she gets even less point for a win, so it gets a lot more difficult to stay at 2400. Good job anyway Skeets.

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Now she gets even less point for a win, so it gets a lot more difficult to stay at 2400. Good job anyway Skeets.
yeah it must be tough for our resident IM's and GM's.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I don't know. Maybe if she joined improveyourchess.com she could get to the realms of 2600+

That site has helped several players on here get from 1400/1600 to 2,000+ and one of them even hit 2385, though he is now retired from the site.

If lowly rated players can improve by so much imagine what it would do to the ability of someone who understands chess!

t

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by adramforall
I don't know. Maybe if she joined improveyourchess.com she could get to the realms of 2600+

That site has helped several players on here get from 1400/1600 to 2,000+ and one of them even hit 2385, though he is now retired from the site.

If lowly rated players can improve by so much imagine what it would do to the ability of someone who understands chess!
do i sense sarcasm here?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
01 Sep 11
1 edit

To date, there are no IM or GM's currently playing on this site. So, go back to your farm yard RC - probably more comfortable there for you as you suck at chess.

skeeter

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by adramforall

If I was a chick with a rating of 2400 i would enter tournaments and become a
registered Gm, pose in glamour magazines and endorse fashion trends. In fact I would
be a kick in the bum away from the former world champions rating of a mere 2469
and coming in at number 67 in the world.

http://ratings.fide.com/top.phtml?list=women

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11
2 edits

Originally posted by skeeter
To date, there are no IM or GM's currently playing on this site. So, go back to your farm yard RC - probably more comfortable there for you as you suck at chess.

skeeter
and why not i was simply wondering? please see the comment above and farming is
good and healthy. Yes i do suck at chess but then again you always did have a
propensity for stating the obvious, so just relax skeety, breathe in the air, i could be
your manager if you like?

st johnstone

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
well done, but watch out for the kingshill hes on the march number 1 by christmas?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
01 Sep 11

If I was a chick with a rating of 2400 i would enter tournaments and become a
registered Gm, pose in glamour magazines and endorse fashion trends. In fact I would
be a kick in the bum away from the former world champions rating of a mere 2469
and coming in at number 67 in the world.

http://ratings.fide.com/top.phtml?list=women
The problem with you RC, is that you think a rating on this site is somehow related to an FIDE rating. Big fail so go back to the farm yard and practise your horsey moves.

skeeter

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by roma45
well done, but watch out for the kingshill hes on the march number 1 by christmas?
I dont think so. His boiler is in need of a re-core and a new throttle control. Anyone for Monopoly...??

skeeter

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11
8 edits

The problem with you RC, is that you think a rating on this site is somehow related to an FIDE rating. Big fail so go back to the farm yard and practise your horsey moves.

skeeter
sigh, its not a problem with me skeety as you erroneously claim despite your nefarious
machinations to make it personal (how predictable and such a crashing bore), for a
correspondence rating of 2400 is a correspondence rating of 2400 and is gauged in
relation to your win/loss ratio with respect to your peers, who as we are well aware,
contain some very fine players indeed, Mr Tebb, Northern Lad etc etc

Now if you dont have a rating of 2400, what is your real rating and to what extent is
it inflated/deflated and what are the causes of the inflation/deflation? Things like
wins by time-outs etc etc

I thank you for your kind words of advice and seeing that i have become accustomed
to failing as you strenuously point out, I may just do that, although the temptation to
hang out some more with you is irresistible.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
01 Sep 11

sigh, its not a problem with me skeety as you erroneously claim despite your nefarious
machinations to make it personal (how predictable and such a crashing bore), for a
correspondence rating of 2400 is a correspondence rating of 2400 and is gauged in
relation to your win/loss ratio with respect to your peers, who as we are well aware,
contai ...[text shortened]... t, I may just do that, although the temptation to
hang out some more with you is irresistible.
RC, you really have absolutely no idea what your talking about here. First, this is not a CC site, it is a turn-based internet chess site, server based with no client software required. Second, any comparison with members whom I've never played, is erroneous and therefore they could hardly be called 'my peers'.

I've never claimed to be the best player on this site - in fact I acknowledge that there are better players than myself here - I'm just a little more prudent in my selection of opponents. Avoiding the 'Mallards' to quote GP34.

I've proved - more than once - that it is possible to attain the highest rating on this site without playing anyone on page 1. So, you can stuff it or continue to bleat about it but in any case, that's all I have to say about this to you and to your barn yard mates.

skeeter

h

Moves
01 Sep 11

Skeeter reminds me of that new chess program houdini, they have similar styles. Not suggesting for one moment that our good lady is a fraud, merely a compliment to our fine mistress.

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11
4 edits

RC, you really have absolutely no idea what your talking about here. First, this is not a CC site, it is a turn-based internet chess site, server based with no client software required. Second, any comparison with members whom I've never played, is erroneous and therefore they could hardly be called 'my peers'.

I've never claimed to be the best player on e, that's all I have to say about this to you and to your barn yard mates.

skeeter
Although your arguments are not a little tenuous being based upon technicalities ill let it
go for i have neither the desire nor the energy to pursue a matter which will inevitably
end up in a bitter and futile argument leaving no one feeling positive and refreshed.
So 2400 is not your real rating skeety, why didn't you just say so, no need to freak out
about it.

U

Moves
01 Sep 11
1 edit

skeeter
Was that really called for?

I respect and admire people who develop great chess kills, but that respect drops to zero when they use that as a platform to bash lesser players for the sake of inflating their own egos.

I may not agree with robbie on a lot of issues, but I've always known him to be well meaning, good guy.