Unable to castle. Please help.

Unable to castle. Please help.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
05 Apr 13

Hi there,
In my game I am unable to castle at all. I've tried both sides. Does anyone know why this might be?
Cheers

Game 9922598

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
05 Apr 13

You are moving the King first (ie to g2), right?

s

Moves
05 Apr 13

Yes, I'm moving the king first. I've tried one to the left and two to the right but neither will work. The castle just stays where it is.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by spanishgarden
Yes, I'm moving the king first. I've tried one to the left and two to the right but neither will work. The castle just stays where it is.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say one to the left and two to the right. You should move the king two spaces either right or left to castle.

s

Moves
05 Apr 13

Oh yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I tried moving to the usual places to castle. either left or right and neither will work. The castles won't move.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
05 Apr 13

Oh yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I tried moving to the usual places to castle. either left or right and neither will work. The castles won't move.
It looks to me like you should be able to castle to either side, so I don't know what the problem might be. Try resetting by holding down the CTRL key and F5 key at the same time. That probably won't help but still worth a try.

You may have to send a feedback to admin and see if they can sort it out.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Apr 13

Hi there,
In my game I am unable to castle at all. I've tried both sides. Does anyone know why this might be?
Cheers

Game 9922598
It could be a browser issue, it be also could be any number of 'trivial affairs' also, try completely shutting your computer down and rebooting...but I'm guessing you've tried this already ?

s

Moves
05 Apr 13

Great ideas!
Well, I've rebooted my computer. I've used CCleaner to removed cookies, cache etc. and fix any registry issues. I've tried in IE, Firefox and Opera. All to no avail.
I thought it was a 'chessy' issue, but maybe not. If I need to where would I contact admin?
Thank you for all your help.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
05 Apr 13

Go to the bottom of the page and under "support" you will find "feedback". Use that to send a message to admin, and from there you will have to wait until they respond. I don't know how long that might take

Carrobie was here

JW Watchtower, NY

Moves
05 Apr 13

Sie bewegen sich nicht in der analyst bord vielleicht ?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by krieghoff
Sie bewegen sich nicht in der analyst bord vielleicht ?
Good point!

spanishgarden, make sure you are trying to move on your main board rather than the analysis board.

s

Moves
06 Apr 13

Hi, and thanks everyone.

I don't think I'm on the analysis board but I don't know how to find it. Perhaps I've set it by mistake? How can I tell?

I've contacted admin via feedback.

Cheers!

Australia

Moves
06 Apr 13

Hi, and thanks everyone.

I don't think I'm on the analysis board but I don't know how to find it. Perhaps I've set it by mistake? How can I tell?

I've contacted admin via feedback.

Cheers!
The normal playing board displays in your browser window and has a "submit move" button. The game history board (there's a link to it in the header bar) looks very much like that playing board page but there's no submit button and any move you make there won't work. The analysis board is a popup floating window which doesn't display the browser headings, doesn't have a submit button, and forgets all its moves when you close the window. I think you'd have noticed if you were on the analysis board but the other one, the game history page, is harder to pick.

s

Moves
07 Apr 13

Great! Thank you!

I've found the game history board - it has:
Bookmark game
Annotations for this game
Start game from position
Get PGN of this game
Game Info

I'm definitely not on that.
The main board has:
Message your opponent
Notebook
Offer draw
Claim draw
Resign
Subscribe
After move preference
Skip this game for now

I can't find an analysis board though.

Cheers!

Australia

Moves
07 Apr 13

It's right under skip this game for now on the main board. Click on 'analyze board' to pop it up.