Timeout Protection Allowance

Timeout Protection Allowance

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
27 Oct 03

Any progress in the vacation protection allowance?

m

Pretoria, SA

Moves
28 Oct 03

As a non star player I'm limited 2 only 6 games. This is very fustrating when my opponents are only making 2 moves a week. Ideally I would like to set the TO for 1 day but I can't do that cas I only play during the week & it would timeout over the weekend.

I would suggest a system similar to actual board games where you start the clock and you have a certain number of moves (eg 10) to make in the allocated time. Perhaps it could be considered having the TO options as:
10 moves every (hour, day, week, month)
Play times in 30min incr, start time & end time (GMT)
Pause clock over weekends (Yes/No)

Then the options to suggested a break is being called and the opponent can draw/delete/postpone the game with the associated TO penalties is good

S

Moves
04 Nov 03

Originally posted by miless
As a non star player I'm limited 2 only 6 games. This is very fustrating when my opponents are only making 2 moves a week. Ideally I would like to set the TO for 1 day but I can't do that cas I only play during the week & it would timeout over the weekend.

I would suggest a system similar to actual board games where you start the clock and you have a c ...[text shortened]... lled and the opponent can draw/delete/postpone the game with the associated TO penalties is good
Check here:
http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=5993
Time Outs: purposal for a new system
I think either option would be great. Personally I like fast games, less than 3 days, but can't play them because I normally go on vacation for a few weeks in the summer. So I have to reduce my game load down to 0, starting usually in January or February to make plans for June. This creates another problem, I can't join tournaments for obvious reasons. This year I had the next round start prior to going on vacation, creating the need to look for an internet cafe on my personal time off.