Quebec flag

Quebec flag

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
10 May 07

I don't compare the beauty of the flags and sorry, but I'm not canadian.
For the benefit of Dr Stangelove Canada is a confederation (1867) of four entity
Québec was one of them. How can you say that Wales is a country?

And I'm not racist. I don't treat people differently if they came from one region, country or wathever, to another.

But here, it's the case. If I come from Québec I don't have the rtight to get my flag besid my name, but if I come from Wales, Scotland, Antartica or St-Pierre et Miquelon,
Yes I could. I don' mind that these people can enjoy there flag. I'm happy for them but I want the same treatment.

Montréal, Québec

Moves
11 May 07

Do people that live in Scotland have a scottish passport ? no
Do people that live in Wales have a welsh passport ? no

I am canadian de facto. But I am Québecois just like a Wales inhabitant is welsh.

DS

Moves
11 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Moraito

How can you say that Wales is a country?
So next you'll be saying Welsh people are English.
Or are you saying England isn't a country? 🙄

I'll send you a world atlas for Christmas. 🙂

It's an undisputed FACT that Wales is a country - well, it's undisputed by most people who know about these things.

F

Moves
11 May 07

Originally posted by climb2high
I am canadian de facto.
So what's wrong with your own flag?
What are we talking about?
This entire thread is silly.

You call me a racist and you don't even know me.
[irony]If you don't give me an apology before the May 17 I never speak to you again![/irony]

Montréal, Québec

Moves
11 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
So what's wrong with your own flag?
What are we talking about?
This entire thread is silly.

You call me a racist and you don't even know me.
[irony]If you don't give me an apology before the May 17 I never speak to you again![/irony]
My own flag is blue and has 4 "fleur de lys" on it. Nothing silly about it.

Why I refuse to indentify myself to the canadian flag ? plenty of reasons. Just lately, we've joined in a war for "freedom". or is for petrol i forget ... then we refuse to meet our engagement of kyoto because it would cost way to much money. i could go on and on with reasons why i am NOT canadian...

I simply want to indentify myself as being from québec and not from canada. Please respect my right. it is undemocratic not to.

DS

Moves
11 May 07

You can opt out of being Canadian - unfortunately for you, Quebec can't.

F

Moves
11 May 07

Originally posted by climb2high
My own flag is blue and has 4 "fleur de lys" on it. Nothing silly about it.

Why I refuse to indentify myself to the canadian flag ? plenty of reasons. Just lately, we've joined in a war for "freedom". or is for petrol i forget ... then we refuse to meet our engagement of kyoto because it would cost way to much money. i could go on and on with reasons ...[text shortened]... being from québec and not from canada. Please respect my right. it is undemocratic not to.
It's not your right to call other people racists just because they don't share your view.

This is my right to think so, please respect this! 😠

But I don't want to start a war because of that.

I think the whole thread is silly. This is my opinion.

Montréal, Québec

Moves
11 May 07

never did I mention the word racist. you are mistaking me with Moraito.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
11 May 07

I don't compare the beauty of the flags and sorry, but I'm not canadian.
For the benefit of Dr Stangelove Canada is a confederation (1867) of four entity
Québec was one of them. How can you say that Wales is a country?

And I'm not racist. I don't treat people differently if they came from one region, country or wathever, to another.

But here, it's ...[text shortened]... at these people can enjoy there flag. I'm happy for them but I want the same treatment.
If you want the same treatment then take a more active role in Quebec's push for independence. Officially, it's still just a Canadian province and the RHP flag system is based on countries.

You won't get a Quebec flag until either; Quebec becomes an officially recognized country or the RHP administrators allow flags for ALL world regions and provinces.

Montréal, Québec

Moves
11 May 07

I am willing to stop talking about this subject. very willing.

Let's simply get a region concept installed asap. Then I believe everyone will be happy. I recognize that we are not a "country" and that we are a province.

I repeat that the only reason I complained to begin with, was the fact that we had the option to put our flag and for over a month or two, this option was taken away. I learned just yesterday that it is because some people complained. I feel that is it unfair (to say the least).

Forget about wales and scotland. Just look at Antartica and Puerto Rico. they still have their flag. You can not tell me that these are countries.

I would appreciate knowing the scheduled delivery of this "upgrade". Hopefully it is before may 17th so i can still play vs my clan mate Moraito. 😉

thanks,

climb2high

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
11 May 07

Strange thing that the Scotish vote for a party that want to separate.
Separatre from who?
Dr Strangelove tell them that they are already a country!
😲

F
Mad scientist

Québec

Moves
11 May 07

Quebec has the same status as Scotland, it's not a country but it has been recognized as a nation. It's simply wrong to claim Quebec is a Canadian province like any other.

Some might think this is silly, still, for many of us it's not. We simply don't consider ourselves Canadians, it has nothing to do with race, xenophobia or the fact that I don't like Canada.

I like the idea that on SchemindMind there's a flag for most regions, even the state of New-York, however, Quebec is more than a "region". It's not a country, I agree, but making this an issue of "regional flags" is fallacious.

F

Moves
11 May 07

In one week (May 17th) if I cannot choose my flag I will quit RHP
Moraito
I'll make a note of it in my calendar.
Will the silliness stop then?

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
11 May 07

No, because racism will go on and
racism is one of the worst silliness ever.

And by the way Fabian, if you can't stand
this thread, don't read it...

N

The sky

Moves
11 May 07

No, because racism will go on and
racism is one of the worst silliness ever.
Is there a Quebecian race?

I can understand that some people would like to have the option to use the Quebec flag. I can't understand why some of these make it such a huge issue, though. On the other hand, I understand even less why some people complained about it when the option was there. That seems totally ridiculous.