1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Apr '23 12:09
    Started a "classical" game by arrangement with a regular opponent. He was given a playing board, but I didn't get one - I got a mostly-blank screen with the word unverified appearing where the player names should be. We abandoned that game and he created a new one, but exactly the same thing happened. I had rebooted my Samsung Galaxy S7 before starting the second game, so I've run out of ideas. Is this just an Android thing by any chance?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Apr '23 12:161 edit
    Which version of Android is on your Samsung Galaxy S7?

The board code for live chess is the new board code (not currently used elsewhere on the site) so this might not be supported on your device. If this is the case, then it will be useful to know before deploying anywhere else.
  3. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Apr '23 12:39
    @russ said
    Which version of Android is on your Samsung Galaxy S7?

The board code for live chess is the new board code (not currently used elsewhere on the site) so this might not be supported on your device. If this is the case, then it will be useful to know before deploying anywhere else.
    Android version 13. Last update March 6, no later updates available, checked just now.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Apr '23 12:46
    @kewpie said
    Android version 13. Last update March 6, no later updates available, checked just now.
    That really shouldn't be an issue, but I will investigate.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Apr '23 11:271 edit
    I've now reproduced this on Android 13 / Galaxy Tab - board doesn't show at all, just an empty space.
  6. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Apr '23 11:42
    @russ said
    I've now reproduced this on Android 13 / Galaxy Tab - board doesn't show at all, just an empty space.
    That's what I got. I've just played on the desktop and it works fine there. Just it's in an unheated part of the house! Hoping you can fix the Android.
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 May '23 04:38
    Any update on this?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 May '23 18:32
    @kewpie said
    Any update on this?
    Not just yet, sorry.

Currently all energy is on the more general larger RHP update currently in dev, which I need to get over the line as soon as possible. (Relates to this Thread 195428 )

I will hopefully take a look soon, if taking a break from the above.
  9. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 May '23 10:47
    @russ said
    Not just yet, sorry.

Currently all energy is on the more general larger RHP update currently in dev, which I need to get over the line as soon as possible. (Relates to this Thread 195428 )

I will hopefully take a look soon, if taking a break from the above.
    Thanks Russ. No rush, we know you have bigger priorities.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree