pic

pic

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

swansea

Moves
02 May 05

i need to know how to put my picture on my profile

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
02 May 05

Originally posted by piptime
I want a pic in the forums. I tried importing a small image from google but it doesn't seem to show next to my name.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
03 May 05

Originally posted by piptime
My step by step guide to getting your forum avatar

1. Look online (google images) for a picture you like. If it's perfect and about the right dimensions, go on to step 5. If the picture you find isn't quite perfect or is already on your computer, go to step 2.

2. Open the picture in a photo or art computer program for editting. If the picture is online, just copy and paste it in.

3. Use the photo or art program to get the picture just how you like it. When you're, save it (in case you need to use it again) and copy it.

4. Now ou have to find a place to host your future avatar. Such places like a clan page work perfectly. Just find somewhere that you can make your picture appear online.

5. Now, right click on your image and choose "copy image location." Then paste that location in the line for your forum avatar in your forum settings.

6. Update the forum settings, and poof! Your avatar.

N

The sky

Moves
03 May 05

Originally posted by ark13
1. Look online (google images) for a picture you like.
1 1/2. Make sure it's not copyrighted. Or if it is, but you would very much like to use that picture, you could contact the owner (if there is a contact address) and ask if you may use it. I find it very annoying when people use my pictures without asking (and some people will not just find it annoying, but actually threaten with legal actions). Taking (or creating) pictures and publishing them on the internet can take quite a lot of time, effort and money, and it's also something personal you share with others. If people ask, I usually don't say no as long as it's for a non-commercial purpose and they give me credit.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
04 May 05

N

The sky

Moves
04 May 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Thanks alot man. But I can't get RHP to "remember" where the picture is. Meaning I click "update profile after I paste the location in, and it says "profile updated", but when I go to my profile it's still not there. Wassupwidat?
Looks like you figured it out yourself. Now you only need an avatar. 🙂