1. Joined
    05 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 18:49
    WE had the same move now 5 times, I think there is some rule about 3 times and a player can claim a draw.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 19:57
    @asimov
    If you are using a computer, do the following:

1. Set up your next move like you normally would.
    2. Look below the 'submit' button.
    You will see "Offer Draw", "Claim Draw", and 'Resign" buttons.
    Click the "Claim Draw" button.
    3. Next, submit your move as you normally do.

If the conditions are correct for claiming a draw, it will be declared a drawn game.
    If conditions are not met, your claim will be ignored and the move will be played as entered.

If you are using a phone or other device, you will need to check the menu options on the game page to claim a draw.

I have not claimed a draw in this manner, but I believe this information is correct.
    If not, I'm sure someone will provide a better answer to your question.
  3. Joined
    05 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 22:31
    @mwmiller
    thank you.
  4. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:34
    @asimov I tried to claim the draw too - but it didn't work. I think there must have been too much material left on the board, maybe?
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 19:59
    @asimov said
    WE had the same move now 5 times, I think there is some rule about 3 times and a player can claim a draw.
    In the past I have sucessfully claimed a draw under the repeated moves rule.
    If this is no longer working it may be a bug.
    Usual answer:- send feedback
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 14:18
    Remember you need to make the claim as you make a move that creates at least a third repetition of a position - it is easy to forget that castling availability and en passant opportunity matters too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree