Great site, but...

Great site, but...

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Feb 04

This site is wonderful. I only have one complaint. PGN! This is a BIG problem, as PGN that is not in standard notation is not true PGN. Please fix this as sson as possible. I am a subscriber and one of the main reasons I joined was to be able to keep a collection of my games for analysis, and I saw that pgn was available. Please fix!

Thanks,
kjl291

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
04 Feb 04

this is also my major wish... but Russ knows it!

th

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
05 Feb 04

What's wrong with the pgn?Fritz has no problem with it and neither does chessbase.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
05 Feb 04

Originally posted by SirLoseALot
What's wrong with the pgn?Fritz has no problem with it and neither does chessbase.
read a list of bugs at http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4871&page=1
Arena and Scid do not like RHP "pgn"...
th

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
05 Feb 04

Originally posted by kjl291
This site is wonderful. I only have one complaint. PGN! This is a BIG problem, as PGN that is not in standard notation is not true PGN. Please fix this as sson as possible. I am a subscriber and one of the main reasons I joined was to be able to keep a collection of my games for analysis, and I saw that pgn was available. Please fix!

Thanks,
kjl291
Hi,

Sorry about this - I will correct this very shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
15 Feb 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Chrismo
Hi,

Sorry about this - I will correct this very shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris
I am very patienct, see here: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4871
(and the dates when the posts were made)
...and I am still hoping... 😵
I know that there is a very cool tool by Roland Young, but it's just easier to have directly the "good" pgn...
th

Moves
17 Feb 04

New and improved pgn is great...thank you, thank you, thank you...

Now for another suggestion (I'm such an ingrate). What about the possibility of have pgn games availabe in "bulk" for those of us who would like to analyze a batch of games at once, instead of having to cut and paste each and every time. Perhaps in batches of ten games or something like that? I know, it's asking a lot...