Firefox 1.0.1 issues

Firefox 1.0.1 issues

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
09 Mar 05

Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to the site and am getting worryingly addicted ;-)

However, I'm having troubles on my browser at home, although oddly not at work. I'm using Firefox 1.0.1 in both places, at work on WinXP and at home on Win2K. At home, I find that when I'm on My Games and click on the info link, the box appears for less than a second and then vanishes again. Also, all the links on the red bar (My Home, My Settings, etc, etc), except the home icon, always link to whatever page I'm on at that point!

I really can't work out what's causing this! Java and Javascript are both enabled and I can't think of much else that could be causing this!

Thanks for any help in advance :-)

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Mar 05

Originally posted by purpledua
Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to the site and am getting worryingly addicted ;-)

However, I'm having troubles on my browser at home, although oddly not at work. I'm using Firefox 1.0.1 in both places, at work on WinXP and at home on Win2K. At home, I find that when I'm on My Games and click on the info link, the box appears for less than a second a ...[text shortened]... nd I can't think of much else that could be causing this!

Thanks for any help in advance :-)
Haven't a clue. I have 1.0.1 as well, and don't experience the problem, so maybe its not your browser? Does it happen on any other sites?

D

q

Moves
10 Mar 05

q

Moves
10 Mar 05

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Mar 05

Certainly a javascript issue - and this is something this site will be using more of in the future too. Do you have any overzealous security software blocking javascript files?

-Russ

h
rockling

The crags

Moves
10 Mar 05

I also use Firefox (v1.0) for RHP - one on XP and one on Redhat Linux. No problems on either. Haven't had the chance to use Firefox on Win2K...

CS

Moves
11 Mar 05
1 edit

Have you downloaded the Plug-In for Java? It would usually say download this plug-in if you need it. If it doesn't then you shouldn't have a problem.

Abandoned RHP

Planet Earth

Moves
12 Mar 05

I get:

function DoAction( ) { if (document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked) { var message = "Please confirm that you wish to resign." + "\n\nResigning will award the game to your opponent."; if ( ! confirm( message ) ) { document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked=false; return false; } } if ( document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked && document.actionForm.offerdrawcheckbox.checked ) { alert("Please choose either to resign or offer a draw, not both."😉; ret

S
Skipper

Atlanta

Moves
01 Dec 05

Were you able to get this fixed? I have the exact same issue. I'm using Firefox and notice the error mostly in the evening on my cablemodem.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
04 Dec 05

I still can't get Firefox to work on RHP. None of the images show. Most importantly, the chess pieces.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Dec 05
1 edit

The Java plug in is not required.

JavaScript is altogether different and should be enabled on most browsers.

-Russ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javascript

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
05 Dec 05

The new firefox 1.5 is out try that.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Dec 05

Originally posted by zakkwylder
I still can't get Firefox to work on RHP. None of the images show. Most importantly, the chess pieces.
Clear your IE cache.

D

h

Moves
07 Dec 05

Originally posted by Palimpsest
I get:

function DoAction( ) { if (document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked) { var message = "Please confirm that you wish to resign." + "\n\nResigning will award the game to your opponent."; if ( ! confirm( message ) ) { document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked=false; return false; } } if ( document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked && docume ...[text shortened]... awcheckbox.checked ) { alert("Please choose either to resign or offer a draw, not both."😉; ret
Looks like your connection timed out before the page finished loading.