1. Joined
    04 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 17:19
    Hi Redhotpawn,

In game 15249983 we have more than 3 repetitions. Usually this is detected automatically. Not this time ...,
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:421 edit
    @Rogerbr
    According to the draw info in the FAQ, you probably have to claim the draw when you make the move that creates the condition. --> Help/FAQ/about 1/3 of the way down in FAQ.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 01:02
    Concerning draws, I'm pretty sure some are automatically detected by the software, such as stalemate, and insufficient material to achieve checkmate by both players, but I'm not sure of any others that are automatically called. Several must be actually claimed along with making a move.

So could anyone else who knows for sure, offer details on how all draw conditions are handled.

I know that a draw can be offered at any time, and if the other player accepts the offer, the game is drawn.

Other draws do not require mutual agreement between the players. If the conditions are met, the draw should be declared, sometimes automatically, and other times if the draw is claimed by the player making the move.

Also, I am not sure if all of the various conditions for a drawn game are recognized by our RHP software.

My advice is that if you think the conditions for a draw are present with your move, just go ahead and click the 'claim draw' button first, then make your move. If the conditions are not met, the claim will be ignored and the game will just continue as usual. If you are correct, the game will end in a draw.
  4. Joined
    04 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 16:09
    @mwmiller
    guess you are right; I should have claimed it, and the claim would probably be accepted by RHP software
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 16:52
    @Rogerbr
    I don't get very many draw situations, other than just offering a draw or accepting one.
    I have had a few stalemates, and they are automatically declared a draw.
    So best thing is to just claim a draw, then move, and see how it turns out. 🙂
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 08:091 edit
    @rogerbr said
    Hi Redhotpawn,

In game 15249983 we have more than 3 repetitions. Usually this is detected automatically. Not this time ...,
    Game 15249983

has still a lot of figures on board.

I think the automatic draw is called if there is no other ending possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree