Cheating!!!

Cheating!!!

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
22 Apr 04
1 edit

I will be tired to try to catch the cheaters in my 50 games. Why we couldn't let computer figure out the cheaters. If the server will find somebody who uses chess software he can stamp the nick with some words like "He uses the chess software to play".
Is it good idea? And the main quiestion is: Is it possible to implement the solution on this server?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Apr 04

Originally posted by sergen1976
I will be tired to try to catch the cheaters in my 50 games. Why we couldn't let computer figure out the cheaters. If the server will find somebody who uses chess software he can stamp the nick with some words like "He uses the chess software to play".
Is it good idea? And the main quiestion is: Is it possible to implement the solution on this server?
How does the sofware work? If I have a chess program running on my computer.... or If my moves are "computer like"?

I have about 3 games right now that are computer games... I'd hate to get a tag just cuz I have software running...

Hows it work?

P-

s

Moves
22 Apr 04

There are 2 ways:
1) Interface will detect if chess software runs
2) The moves are "computer like".

Second is more usefull.
I understand than it is possible that the person can play like "computer chess". But the opponent will be glad to see in the profile that this chess player makes the 30% "computer like" moves.

t
a unique loser

LIAAA

Moves
22 Apr 04

I don't think it will be possible to do this. Is a player a cheater if he plays a "perfect" game. I think mr. Tebb has played some. His moves could be the same as those from the computer, but that is because he is very good, not because he uses a computer. There are some threads in the forums about how you can see that someone maybe uses a computer, but it still won't be a proof. It is impossible, and without proof you can't make accusations. The best thing is that if you think someone is a cheater, just don't play him. That's the only thing you can do.

MMMMM Penguin Pie

the great beyond

Moves
22 Apr 04

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Quit leaving "cow lip prints" on my monitor!!!!!

P-
sorry

t

Moves
22 Apr 04

There are 2 ways:

Second is more usefull.
I understand than it is possible that the person can play like "computer chess". But the opponent will be glad to see in the profile that this chess player makes the 30% "computer like" moves.
Enough already.

At what point will you STOP writing this continuously slanderous posts in the forum.

We do not want to hear about this from you.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
22 Apr 04
2 edits

[b]Edmont Dantes is cheater!
One master couldn't play 100 games with winning in every games. Even if he(she) is GM(master in our case). And even if all opponents will be "little sister" of somebody.
This statement is absolutely absurd. If a GM played someone like you, with a rating of about 1600, he could easily be expected to win every single last one. Do you have any idea what these ratings mean? They relate the probability of a game between two players ending in a certain result. Broken down into plain English, this means that if two players with identical ratings play each other, they each have a 50% chance of winning. If there's a difference of 200 points, The higher rated player is expected to win 76% of the time. With a rating differnce of 800 points, the higher rated player is expected to win 99% of the time. Given that GM's have a rating of 2600 or higher, that puts even the weakest GM's in the world roughly 1000 points above you. So tell me, how is it not possible for a GM to beat you, let alone someone's "little sister" 100 out of 100 times?

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
22 Apr 04

Originally posted by NaturalScience
This statement is absolutely absurd. If a GM played someone like you, with a rating of about 1600, he could easily be expected to win every single last one. Do you have any idea what these ratings mean? They relate the probability of a game between two players ending in a desired result. Broken down into plain English, this means that if two pl ...[text shortened]... not possible for a GM to beat you, let alone someone's "little sister" 100 out of 100 times?
We can speak forever but I guess there's no way to convince this guy that Dantes is not a cheater,he simply continues denying the evidence.........

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
22 Apr 04

Why has this topic even come up for discussion? Dantes hasn't played a move on this site since March?!

MMMMM Penguin Pie

the great beyond

Moves
22 Apr 04

Originally posted by Exy
Why has this topic even come up for discussion? Dantes hasn't played a move on this site since March?!
i guess no one wants to play with sergen anymore so he has thrown teddy out of the pram and is going to throw a tantrum because he is bored......and who better to pick on....someone that is not here to fight back.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
22 Apr 04

Originally posted by Exy
From what I have read, it is the behavior of players like Serge that drove Dantes to leave this site in the first place. So I suppose it's pretty relevant discussion. (Serge's behavior, that is, not whether or not Dantes is a cheater.)

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
22 Apr 04

[b]There are 2 ways:

Even if you had a valid reason to believe someone was cheating (which you still don't), both measures of your plan are impossible to inplement. How could the "interface", for instance, detect when someone is using chess software if the person is logged out of RHP? As for claiming that certain moves are "computer-like", well that will always be speculation and nothing more.

MMMMM Penguin Pie

the great beyond

Moves
22 Apr 04

Surely the moves would not be 'computer like' to class as cheater, because is a computer not programmed by humans anyway? If they brought in a thingy -ma-bob that crowned everyone that moves so called like a computer i would be one of many to leave this site, but not because of cheating, but because of the utter dis-trust it would show to it's members, i think that is a ridiculous suggestion.
Why are you so bothered about cheating serg? The only people i have ever seen kick up this much fuss about cheating when there is nothing majorly important is cheaters themselves.
I think you are ridiculous and you really need to get out more. it's just a game!

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
23 Apr 04

Originally posted by purclecow
[b]Surely the moves would not be 'computer like' to class as cheater, because is a computer not programmed by humans anyway?
This is true, however computers have no concept of planning. All they do is brute calculation. They don't play chess. They execute the functions that have been programmed with. I don't think there's a better example in history than Game 3 of Garry Kasparov's match with X3D Fritz backin November. The computer played itself straight into a position with no active play, and its defeat was inevitable. But since it couldn't calculate far enough ahead to see that it would eventually be checkmated, it had no sense that anything bad was happening. By the time it would realize it was in trouble, it would be tool ate. Its programmer resigned on its behalf before that could happen. Here's a link to that game:

http://x3dchess.com/news/analysis/kasparovx3dfritzall.htm

But, as far as offering "proof" that someone is cheating because their moves are "computer-like", you're right, it's just not possible. But that doesn't stop Serge, does it?

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
23 Apr 04

Originally posted by NaturalScience
From what I have read, it is the behavior of players like Serge that drove Dantes to leave this site in the first place. So I suppose it's pretty relevant discussion. (Serge's behavior, that is, not whether or not Dantes is a cheater.)

Rubbish!
The truth is that Edmond Dantes is in fact Santa Claus.
He came at christmas time and gave us the presents of his company and games.
Have at look at his profile: three Xmas tournaments 😉
Then he left and went back to the north pole to have his annual 10 month vacation.
If we are all good then i am sure he will be back for another round of presence next Xmas 🙂