can't see chessboard

can't see chessboard

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple winner

nj

Moves
18 Mar 13

I can not see the chessboard on RHP. Could I have mistakenlychanged some setting that causes this? How do I resume viewing my o-going games

RHP Member No.16

Moves
18 Mar 13

try reset by holding down these keys at same time. CTRL and F5

Australia

Moves
18 Mar 13

I've lost my Alpha piece set. All the other sets display correctly, but if I switch to Alpha all I get is an empty board with two coloured squares to show opponent's last move. Already tried ctrl+F5 without success, and also experimented with other browser settings. Any other ideas?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
19 Mar 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I've lost my Alpha piece set. All the other sets display correctly, but if I switch to Alpha all I get is an empty board with two coloured squares to show opponent's last move. Already tried ctrl+F5 without success, and also experimented with other browser settings. Any other ideas?
Russ made a recent post in the "Announcements" forum about doing some spring cleaning which included removing some of the piece sets. I don't know if that might be the problem you are having, but it's a possibility.

Australia

Moves
19 Mar 13

Originally posted by mwmiller
Russ made a recent post in the "Announcements" forum about doing some spring cleaning which included removing some of the piece sets. I don't know if that might be the problem you are having, but it's a possibility.
I hadn't thought of that, but I've just checked the statistics and Alpha ranks as number 3 in the current list of 20, so I don't think that's it. I know I triggered the problem with the browser's Back button, while I was using the beta site, but I can't raise the Alpha set on the main site either. Presumably they share code for this.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
19 Mar 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I hadn't thought of that, but I've just checked the statistics and Alpha ranks as number 3 in the current list of 20, so I don't think that's it. I know I triggered the problem with the browser's Back button, while I was using the beta site, but I can't raise the Alpha set on the main site either. Presumably they share code for this.
I can't bring up the alpha set on the beta site either, but it's working fine here on the regular site. I normally just use the book set. I suspect it's only a problem on the beta site. I use firefox as well.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Mar 13

I can't bring up the alpha set on the beta site either, but it's working fine here on the regular site. I normally just use the book set. I suspect it's only a problem on the beta site. I use firefox as well.
No worries with 'alpha' on beta, not for myself anyway...I too normally use 'book', but I tried each set to see the functionality...each seem to be fine...

RHP Member No.16

Moves
19 Mar 13

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
No worries with 'alpha' on beta, not for myself anyway...I too normally use 'book', but I tried each set to see the functionality...each seem to be fine...
Are you using firefox?

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Mar 13

Are you using firefox?
Good point, no I'm using chrome...

Australia

Moves
20 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Good point, no I'm using chrome...
I can't get Alpha on Chrome on the beta site, although it's still working on the old site in Chrome (don't know how long that'll last).