Again cheaters

Again cheaters

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
07 Mar 04

Just wondering: how many people think that it is really CHESS related? I'm coming to this forum section to find info about chess. And almost every time this thread is on the top...

y

Delft, Netherlands

Moves
07 Mar 04

what about radscaterboy 26 games won in 7 moves........

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
07 Mar 04

Originally posted by TovMauzer
Just wondering: how many people think that it is really CHESS related? I'm coming to this forum section to find info about chess. And almost every time this thread is on the top...
hear hear!
Them threads are almost worse than the cheaters 😞

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Mar 04

I've said this before but i don't think anyone noticed. There IS a way to stop cheaters. Many people have posted names of suspected cheaters in the forums. It could be possible to set up a system were players can flag suspected cheaters.

By this i mean, Joe bloggs plays a someone he suspects of cheating, he clicks a cheat button in the game. This puts the "cheat" onto a list of suspects.

This list would need to have a vote counter, outlining how many times a player has been voted a cheat (by different players). Once a potential cheat has x amount of votes their login is suspended or some kind of marking is added to their handle to warn potential opponents.

There is a possibility that this system could be abbused, i realize, but im sure someone has a good follow up idea??....

🙂¬~

y

Delft, Netherlands

Moves
08 Mar 04

kamal123

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
08 Mar 04

Maybe I'm boring but pakaya is back!
Look at huththa123 games,as he is in the top 20: don't forget to check pakaya123,nuwana123,nayana123,Saman123,suranaga123,Kamal123,Samantha123.
I know I 'm boring with cheaters but nothing has done to prevent such things, and people who think this is a boring thread can just go to another one.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
08 Mar 04

What if we introduced the concept of 'established' players to the grading calculation. An established player would be someone with more than a certain number of games (say, 20), against different players (and maybe a certain number of moves). We could then insist that gradings for new players must include a certain number of games against established players (else they remain 'provisional'😉.
Abusing the system, as well as being dropped to 1000, would also mean a removal of your 'established' status.
Wouldn't necessarily stop the abuse, but would slow it down and allow the admins time to react to it.

s

Moves
08 Mar 04

s

Moves
08 Mar 04

im not a cheater

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
08 Mar 04

Originally posted by shadowwolf0907
I AM NOT DUKEBALLINHOMIE!!!! I WAS IN A BAD MOOD WHEN I MADE THOSE RESIGNATIONS NOW WILL PEOPLE JUST SHUT UP
No we won't until 'dukeballwhatever' and yourself cease creating fictitious games and then resigning to boost personal and/or clan ratings. And then denying it!!
Myself and others know you are both one and the same person, both nicks subscribed to lend credibility. If this is not the case then I will be the first to apologise but until admin. states you you have significantly
differing IP's or you both log on ( indicator enabled ) and post simultaneously ( or within secs) then I support and endorse what Ravello and others are saying.

You are cheats and liars!

PS PM'ing me with threats hardly lends any credibility to your pathetic denials.

the skeeter

Florida

Moves
08 Mar 04

This thread will now be closed until the Administrators check into these concerns. Please do not post any further on the subject.

Thanks,

Doug