* My Games - new features help thread.

* My Games - new features help thread.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

If you need help with the new 'my games' page, please browse this thread before requesting help in a new one.

Thank you.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
16 Nov 05

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

Subfolders (folders within folders) cannot be created in this version of the 'my games' page.

This may make an appearance at a later date.

-Russ

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
16 Nov 05
5 edits

when i click on "manage folders" - i get a "delete folders" option - what does this delete ?!?!?!?

edit : i can see you/we are going somewhere - i think there is a little way to go 🙂

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

You have a delete folder button to remove any folder you may have added. If none have been added previously, there will be nothing to delete. I may make a quick update to make sure this button does not render in the case of just the default folders existing.

-Russ

h
Dann sind wir Helden

Moves
16 Nov 05

when i click on my games i get every game i ever played.

Norway

Moves
16 Nov 05

The new menu bar on the left (with Folders and Filters) is very nice, but I would like to be able to hide it. Most of the time I don't need to see or use the functionality there, and then I would like my game list to use as much as possible of my browser width.

Estonia, Kuressaare

Moves
16 Nov 05

i wanna hide it to. thnx

h

Moves
16 Nov 05

It looks great, thank you Russ.

Why are there only 20 game per page though? I can't seem to change it.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

Hiding the side bar was meant to be a feature for this first release, so I will do what I can to get that in there today.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by hopscotch
It looks great, thank you Russ.

Why are there only 20 game per page though? I can't seem to change it.
No more than 20 games can be viewed unless it is the inbox folder. This is to prevent the situation we had before where people had hundreds (thousands?) of games in their archives, and viewing them was killing the server.

-Russ

h

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by Russ
No more than 20 games can be viewed unless it is the inbox folder. This is to prevent the situation we had before where people had hundreds (thousands?) of games in their archives, and viewing them was killing the server.

-Russ
Do you think this could be increased to 40? Won't people flipping through the games pages all the time also put strain on the server?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by hopscotch
Do you think this could be increased to 40? Won't people flipping through the games pages all the time also put strain on the server?
40 is too many. I have upped it to 30.

Edit : Page flipping does create load on the server, but lots of bursty quick requests are way better than one huge requests which could eventually timeout on the browser anyway (and therefore be all for nothing).

-Russ

s

Gloucestershire , UK

Moves
16 Nov 05
2 edits

a nice addition, i now can separate my games to make them easier to refer to.

ah nevermind

h
Dann sind wir Helden

Moves
16 Nov 05

So how do you archive games won and lost? does not seem to have that facility now.