Your favourite sport on TV

Your favourite sport on TV

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Jul 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Sir,
It is quite obvious you are lacking in your knowledge of hockey. πŸ˜› Hard to believe they let you prescribe drugs for people....LOL...

Kind Regards,
Sincerely,
-VR
Sir, the vast majority of people I prescribe drugs to are those believing hockey is a sport.

Splendid regards,
Hope your favourite pen doesn't run out of ink

Ghost of a porcupine

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Sir, the vast majority of people I prescribe drugs to are those believing hockey is a sport.

Splendid regards,
Hope your favourite pen doesn't run out of ink

Ghost of a porcupine
Sir,
My favourite pens always run out of ink. That is why I buy re-fills for them.

LOL....I got some good swamp land that is going to make you lots of money or I have a bridge I can sell you cheap.

Kind Regards,
Have a great day,
Sincerely,
-VR

Moves
24 Jul 16

NASCAR

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Jul 16

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
NASCAR
Sir, your avatar is upside down.

No need to thank me.

Moves
24 Jul 16

Sir, your avatar is upside down.

No need to thank me.
Is it better now?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Jul 16

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
Is it better now?
Perfect. πŸ™‚

rural North Dakota

Moves
24 Jul 16

Baseball is the only thing I watch. The Minnesota Twins baseball team is the one I root for.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 16

Originally posted by vandervelde
Even distinguished, nerdy and feeble-bodied intellectuals as peopIe presume chessists are like from time to time to relax over sport on TV and desired suitable drink.
I like (in that order)
- speedway
15 to 20 races per 3 hours' event (*depending onn whether it is individual or team event), each race 4 laps and 4 competitors, and it never cease to ex ...[text shortened]... g training suits off, and feeling that someone or something can crash at the stadium any minute.
tennis, Just saw Monfils beat Karlovic (6 foot 11!)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jul 16
1 edit

Yes ma'am.

1. Football 40%
2. Lawn tennis (Basically Wimbledon) 19%
3. Athletics 15%
4. Formula 1 25%
5. Curling 1%
What is this 'athletics'? The OP mentioned it too.

Is it like Gymnastics? Or maybe Track and Field?

EDIT: Okay, Wikipedia is your friend, I guess. In America, we call this 'Track and Field'. Seems boring, though. I can watch it on TV at the Olympics, because often records are set.

Über-Nerd

Moves
26 Jul 16

Something with aesthetics in it, not just speed. And not whacking balls around either.

Figure skating.

Moves
26 Jul 16

Originally posted by moonbus
Something with aesthetics in it, not just speed. And not whacking balls around either. [hidden]Figure skating.[/hidden]
When you mentioned figure skating...
In black-and-white TV era there was a sport commentator from Zagreb, who used to cover figure skating for all CBS speaking part of former Yugoslavia.
Her name is Milka Babovic and she is still alive and kicking (*born 1928, like my aunt) former hazena player (*hazena is now extuingished, it was handball played on football pitch), and she compete in athletics (100 m hurdles), sand recently she was in a jury for riality show "Let's dance with stars"!

Well, I remembered her from sixties and seventies when no one had colour Tv in Yugoslavia, she covered figure skating and 90 per cent of her talk was description of dresses and costumes (colours in so many nuances, turquoise being most famous, and that colour is still in some Yugoslav urban idioms.