Working out, part 2

Working out, part 2

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
Waaaay too much effort for me to even think about doing something like that. Besides, I really don't need to exercise more than I previously mentioned I do. Everything I do, I do in moderation.
As you should at your age! 😉

-VR

Moves
26 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
As you should at your age! 😉

-VR
ANY age...well maybe if you are "young" and sedentary, easing into some sort of vigorous exercise may be what to do. But it is important, at whatever age, that you do some sort of physical activity.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Aug 19
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
ANY age...well maybe if you are "young" and sedentary, easing into some sort of vigorous exercise may be what to do. But it is important, at whatever age, that you do some sort of physical activity.
Agreed, but one can only do so much depending on how good of shape you happen to be in. An easy work out for some would be a very difficult work out for others. Age does become a factor as you get older in the majority of people. I know people only in their 50's who have had knee and hip replacements already. They don't as a rule want to them until you are older but sometimes there is no choice and it has to be done as they only last for so long then have to be replaced.

-VR

Moves
26 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Agreed, but one can only do so much depending on how good of shape you happen to be in. An easy work out for some would be a very difficult work out for others. Age does become a factor as you get older in the majority of people. I know people only in their 50's who have had knee and hip replacements already. They don't as a rule want to them until you are older but someti ...[text shortened]... re is no choice and it has to be done as they only last for so long then have to be replaced.

-VR
In my youth,into my early 20s, I played a lot of physical sports and started having issues later on (50s,60s) but continued with less physical activities and the issues seemed to lessen allowing me to bypass any surgeries (parts replacement)...thus far anyway.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
In my youth,into my early 20s, I played a lot of physical sports and started having issues later on (50s,60s) but continued with less physical activities and the issues seemed to lessen allowing me to bypass any surgeries (parts replacement)...thus far anyway.
I can't say I haven't had any surgeries, but so far no part replacements have been required. 😉

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
26 Aug 19

@chaney3 said

Point: work out, no matter your age.
Got to agree with that. I’m fitter than I’ve ever been since retirement.

I do 50 squats and 50 push-ups daily, swim in the sea for around an hour twice a week and walk 3 miles in 50 mins on the other days.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Aug 19

@drewnogal said
Got to agree with that. I’m fitter than I’ve ever been since retirement.

I do 50 squats and 50 push-ups daily, swim in the sea for around an hour twice a week and walk 3 miles in 50 mins on the other days.
Are you over 50? If you are that is fantastic if you are being sincere about it.

-VR

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Are you over 50? If you are that is fantastic if you are being sincere about it.

-VR
Why would she be insincere about it?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why would she be insincere about it?
Are you drewnogal's spokesperson now?

-VR

Moves
26 Aug 19

@very-rusty said

-VR
Well there are a lot of 50s in her response.🤔

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Are you drewnogal's spokesperson now?

-VR
Yes sir, yes I am. (And Torunn).

Moves
26 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes sir, yes I am. (And Torunn).
Hmmmm, a man about eh?🤔

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Aug 19
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Hmmmm, a man about eh?🤔
Well, technically I'm Torunn's nominated advice guru (particularly on such important issues as marmalade). I also advise Kev on Earl Grey and Suzianne on candy floss and Maltesers.

(True story).

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Well, technically I'm Torunn's nominated advice guru (particularly on such important issues as marmalade). I also advise Kev on Earl Grey and Suzianne on candy floss and Maltesers.

(True story).
Goad is my mentor specializing on English delicacies.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Aug 19

@torunn said
Goad is my mentor specializing on English delicacies.
I will make time tomorrow to instruct on the correct way to eat a scone.