why is blitz so empty?

why is blitz so empty?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
06 Sep 13

i recently regained the internet, after three years . thought to play a quick game, but nobody is their. What happenned?

Australia

Moves
06 Sep 13

Blitz site's been neglected while lots has been happening on the main site. Russ has promised to do some serious work on it as soon as the server relocation project is finished. Maybe try again in a year or so? 🙂

N

Moves
06 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by daspreussische
i recently regained the internet, after three years . thought to play a quick game, but nobody is their. What happenned?
Because FICS is so much better?

I do look forward to any improvement in rhp blitz, though.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Sep 13
1 edit

Currently we use Flash, something I've never particularly liked, but I've prototyped the replacement which drops Flash and will use the same board as the cc site, and should therefore work fine over all iDevices (iPads in particular)

edit : And yes, all my attention is on work related to the server changes right now.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Sep 13
1 edit

Because this is a correspondence chess site?

Maybe we like being able to play many games over a longer period of time instead of just a few in a few minutes.

If you want instant gratification, you can always play Yahoo! Chess. That is, if you don't mind them dropping out mysteriously when you're close to winning.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because this is a correspondence chess site?

Maybe we like being able to play many games over a longer period of time instead of just a few in a few minutes.

If you want instant gratification, you can always play Yahoo! Chess. That is, if you don't mind them dropping out mysteriously when you're close to winning.
Very helpful

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Very helpful
Thank you! I do try to do my part. 😀

Moves
07 Sep 13

*coughs. Arsenal.