where can I download a IDE for java?

where can I download a IDE for java?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
28 Jan 18
6 edits

Please help! Which weblink can I go to to download ANY (i.e. I don't care which type) usable IDE (integrated development environment) for programming in java?

I have totally given up with trying JCreator because, for some reason unknown to me, JCreator doesn't seem to work on my new computer! (it has windows 10. And I DID download JDK first)
So I desperately won't an alternative to JCreator.

I tried google searching for ANY weblinks for downloading ANY type of JBiulder but it seems that, no matter where I click, NONE of then download ANY type of JBuilder! Is JBiulder no longer available?

I don't care what kind of IDE I use nor if it cost me money, as long as I can get java programming again as I urgently need to do.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
28 Jan 18

Originally posted by @humy
Please help! Which weblink can I go to to download ANY (i.e. I don't care which type) usable IDE (integrated development environment) for programming in java?

I have totally given up with trying JCreator because, for some reason unknown to me, JCreator doesn't seem to work on my new computer! (it has windows 10. And I DID download JDK first)
So I desperate ...[text shortened]... e nor if it cost me money, as long as I can get java programming again as I urgently need to do.
Good, and free.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/neon3

h

Moves
28 Jan 18
6 edits

Thanks for that.
I have downloaded it but have absolutely no idea how to use it but I will keep trying.
So far what I have done is clicked each icon of it in turn but nothing much appears to happen except when there is one that I can click which appears to start it up only to then give the following error message;

"An error has occurred. see the log file
C:\User\Laptop\workspace\.metadata\.log
"

And when I go to that above file, what I get is a huge error message which mentions

"org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: "

followed by what appears to my eyes to be a vast load of incomprehensible technical gobbly goop.

Do you know of any weblinks that explain in plain English for absolute beginners like myself how to get started with using this? I want to at least just get to the "Hello world" stage i.e. my first program run.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
28 Jan 18

Thanks for that.
I have downloaded it but have absolutely no idea how to use it but I will keep trying.
So far what I have done is clicked each icon of it in turn but nothing much appears to happen except when there is one that I can click which appears to start it up only to then give the following error message;

"An error has occurred. see the log file ...[text shortened]... th using this? I want to at least just get to the "Hello world" stage i.e. my first program run.
Try this:

https://www.java-made-easy.com/java-hello-world.html

h

Moves
29 Jan 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Try this:

https://www.java-made-easy.com/java-hello-world.html
I tried installing a different version of java runtime environment (JRE) and, finally, when I tried opening and running eclipse, success! I have complied and run my first java program.

Thanks for all your help. Very much appreciated.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
29 Jan 18
1 edit

If your intention is to learn Java for apps, then you may as well become familiar with Android Studio right away (it is free).

https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

It is based on the excellent JetBrains Java IDE (which is not free, unfortunately).

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
29 Jan 18

So I desperate ...[text shortened]... e nor if it cost me money, as long as I can get java programming again as I urgently need to do.
Having read your profile I recommend you pray to the Lord.