What's that smell of burning?

What's that smell of burning?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Friction of some sort...
"Be glad your nose is on your face..." Thread 165329 (Page 6)

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
better be careful if we congregate here we could get busted!
Quick, let's get out of here......there's nowhere else to hide in this forum. The Mods have us cornered. Let's make a dash for the clubs forum. Hide in one of the threads there. Be careful, they're bringing in the big guns. Extinction is imminent. Clan forum refugees are being gunned down indiscriminately.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 15

I'm reminded of that George A Romero movie "Day of the Dead" where the zombies are driven by some vague instinct to wander around the shopping mall...slobbering and drooling.

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by radioactive69
Quick, let's get out of here......there's nowhere else to hide in this forum. The Mods have us cornered. Let's make a dash for the clubs forum. Hide in one of the threads there. Be careful, they're bringing in the big guns. Extinction is imminent. Clan forum refugees are being gunned down indiscriminately.
I just miss the clan forum.

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Be glad your nose is on your face..." Thread 165329 (Page 6)
No. Try as I might, I saw nothing on page 6 of that thread that made me want to read on. Page 1 was more interesting, with its discussion on gentlemen. It's definitions were clearly American and included some elements that were foreign, for instance, to British readers, though the spirit was probably universal.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
No. Try as I might, I saw nothing on page 6 of that thread that made me want to read on. Page 1 was more interesting, with its discussion on gentlemen. It's definitions were clearly American and included some elements that were foreign, for instance, to British readers, though the spirit was probably universal.
Next to the last post on page 6:

It's a lighthearted poem by "Jack Prelutsky, Born: 1940. 'From The New Kid on the Block', published by Greenwillow, 1984"

I'm pleased you enjoyed the page 1 discussion.

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Next to the last post on page 6:

It's a lighthearted poem by "Jack Prelutsky, Born: 1940. 'From The New Kid on the Block', published by Greenwillow, 1984"

I'm pleased you enjoyed the page 1 discussion.
Oh, yes, I saw that, nice, but I wasn't clear that that was what you wanted to highlight.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Oct 15

Oh, yes, I saw that, nice, but I wasn't clear that that was what you wanted to highlight.
Simply its relevance to this thread's title "What's that smell of burning?"

F

Moves
29 Oct 15

Perhaps its was the smell of Grampy Bobby's 'pants on fire' on page 4, bottom of the page, onwards on that thread.

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Perhaps its was the smell of Grampy Bobby's 'pants on fire' on page 4, bottom of the page, onwards on that thread.
I think I'll move determinedly on from that train of thought! 🙂

F

Moves
29 Oct 15

I think I'll move determinedly on from that train of thought! 🙂
So did Grampy Bobby when he was called out for it. 😉

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
29 Oct 15

Could be the remains of Lemondrop. He got burned at the stake in the clans forum. Stunk the place out for a week !!!

rc

Moves
29 Oct 15
1 edit

Its like they shut down our local pub and stopped serving beer altogether. We are refugees now, outcasts, we cannot even mention our former abode in any forum without fear of reprisal. Its like they banned us wearing the kilt and speaking Gaelic all over again, shipped us off in droves to America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
29 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its like they shut down our local pub and stopped serving beer altogether. We are refugees now, outcasts, we cannot even mention our former abode in any forum without fear of reprisal. Its like they banned us wearing the kilt and speaking Gaelic all over again, shipped us off in droves to America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
Yeah, I know what you mean. This dump is just not the same. So clean and cultured with cute little threads. Give me the dirt and the filth of the clan forum any day. I feel like I was convicted of stealing a hanky and transported to Australia. Oh....sorry.....that was my great great great grandfather. Anyway I now know how he felt.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 15

This is the nature of Grampy Bobby here; he rarely wants to engage in anything meaningful, he just promotes his own threads and posts. It's a kind of online narcissism.