What is

What is "Romance"?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Apr 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
One is what one thinks; one posts what one thinks unless one's rational
intellect has abdicated its role and emotions are running the show.
Sometimes with some posters the curtain flaps open a little and we see the real wizard desperately trying to hide. Some posters are not behind a curtain at all, but prefer instead to stand instead at a distance.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Sometimes with some posters the curtain flaps open a little and we see the real wizard desperately trying to hide. Some posters are not behind a curtain at all, but prefer instead to stand instead at a distance.
Our emotions have no capacity for rational thought.
Worst decisions any of us make are made in the heat of the moment.
Exceptions: None.

l

Moves
12 Apr 15
1 edit

Our emotions have no capacity for rational thought.
Worst decisions any of us make are made in the heat of the moment.
Exceptions: None.
And some good ones too.

Moves
12 Apr 15

Originally posted by lolof
And some good ones too.
Our impulses are what we are; to assume that our impulses are all bad assumes that we are all bad. I agree with you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Apr 15
2 edits

And some good ones too.
Yes, as long as our minds are fully involved;
our emotions are designed to appreciate people, places and things [not to think].

l

Moves
12 Apr 15

our emotions are designed to appreciate people, places and things [not to think].
Sometimes quick decisions are imperative - we have to rely on experience and intuition.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Apr 15

Sometimes quick decisions are imperative - we have to rely on experience and intuition.
Yes: "experience and intuition" [the direct knowing, learning or perception of something without conscious reasoning].

D

Moves
12 Apr 15

D

Moves
12 Apr 15

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
12 Apr 15

What is romance to you? What makes your heart skip with the joys of interpersonal relationship springtime?

For me one aspect of romance is being positively surprised by someone's heartfelt generosity of spirit. Another is when someone special does something for me or with me that takes me away from the everyday.
For me its when the wife empties the dishwasher

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by The Gravedigger
For me its when the wife empties the dishwasher
Congratulations on having a wife; a good wife is a gift.

Moves
13 Apr 15
2 edits

Must get a better curtain.

😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Apr 15

Must get a better curtain.

😉
Purpose of a "curtain" is to defensively block or hide from something uncomfortable or threatening. Why "hide"?

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Purpose of a "curtain" is to defensively block or hide from something uncomfortable or threatening. Why "hide"?
Why indeed.

http://tinyurl.com/mc7asvx

Moves
14 Apr 15

What is romance to you? What makes your heart skip with the joys of interpersonal relationship springtime?

For me one aspect of romance is being positively surprised by someone's heartfelt generosity of spirit. Another is when someone special does something for me or with me that takes me away from the everyday.
I after I saw a film of that name in 2000. in a Belgrade cinema, I can never think of that notion like I used to.