What I want from a forum thread

What I want from a forum thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
13 Oct 13

I suspect it's what most people want. I click on a thread which doesn't have my name as last poster, hoping to find a discussion on a topic which interests ME and where I can add MY contribution, hopefully keeping the topic moving along and inspiring the next poster to do the same.

What I don't want is more of what I already saw in the last thread I looked at, which appeared to be on a totally different topic.

I'm always hopeful, that's why I'm still here, even though it seems others don't want the same as I do.

In your face

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I suspect it's what most people want. I click on a thread which doesn't have my name as last poster, hoping to find a discussion on a topic which interests ME and where I can add MY contribution, hopefully keeping the topic moving along and inspiring the next poster to do the same.

What I don't want is more of what I already saw in the last thread I looke ...[text shortened]... ays hopeful, that's why I'm still here, even though it seems others don't want the same as I do.
I think you must be in the wrong forum darling.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Oct 13

I just look for stuff to make fun of. 😕

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
I think you must be in the wrong forum darling.
No it's the right forum, just the wrong people. 😕

See wut I meen

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13
1 edit

What I don't want is more of what I already saw in the last thread I looke ...[text shortened]... ays hopeful, that's why I'm still here, even though it seems others don't want the same as I do.
Lively conversation with other relaxed site members (who have the emotional maturity to accept differences in others) in threads, pieces of string, with a series of opinions and questions is nice to find in public forums in today's world. (imo)

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Oct 13

I want a thread that doesn't get removed.
😞

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Lively conversation with other relaxed site members (who have the emotional maturity to accept differences in others) in threads, pieces of string, with a series of opinions and questions is nice to find in public forums in today's world. (imo)
That sounds like an ad for Carnival Cruise Lines. 😛

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I want a thread that doesn't get removed.
😞
And how long would you like your unmovable thread to live (before its round bubble head turns red)?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

Little wonder they sometimes sink.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
13 Oct 13

Anyone for shuffle board?

"Capn', we comin' up alongside a long diaganol..."

oops... we already done that <-----
lower case

Arrr!

Moves
13 Oct 13

No it's the right forum, just the wrong people. 😕

See wut I meen
Former Georgia Governor Lester Maddox’ famous comment was that there was nothing wrong with his state’s prisons, they just needed a better class of prisoners.

Australia

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by JS357
Former Georgia Governor Lester Maddox’ famous comment was that there was nothing wrong with his state’s prisons, they just needed a better class of prisoners.
Are you suggesting we need a better class of forum posters?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
13 Oct 13

rc

Moves
13 Oct 13
1 edit

Actually, i want to be educated and entertained, something with intellectual content, but not so much that its brow beating, but not so little that its the equivalent of a tabloid newspaper, to my mind Bosse de Nage is the best, failing that, dancing girls in a spaghetti western will do.

Moves
13 Oct 13

I like seeing my name as the last poster because then I know that any posts lower than it on the list are ones I've already passed on.