1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 15:291 edit
    @trev33 said
    Don't kill the wasps.
    Let a few sting you and see how you think about it then! 馃檪 Better yet walk on a nest and let me know what you think about wasps. 馃槢

-VR
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 15:54
    @very-rusty said
    Let a few sting you and see how you think about it then! 馃檪 Better yet walk on a nest and let me know what you think about wasps. 馃槢

-VR
    I’d wonder why I was so stupid as to walk on their nest and applaud their fighting spirit.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 15:571 edit
    @trev33 said
    I’d wonder why I was so stupid as to walk on their nest and applaud their fighting spirit.
    Well I would to considering you're grown man, keep in mind I was 5 or 6 years old at the time. I didn't even know I had done it until they were all over me. You may be cursing, not applauding their fighting spirit! 馃檪

-VR
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 17:42
    @very-rusty said
    Well I would to considering you're grown man, keep in mind I was 5 or 6 years old at the time. I didn't even know I had done it until they were all over me. You may be cursing, not applauding their fighting spirit! 馃檪

-VR
    Are you sure it wasn't bees? You might have killed them all who bite you 馃槩

Something stung me when i was about 7 but that was the last, wasn't a fan of wasps for a long time but they're actually a lot more useful that people think and they don't sting just for the hell of it?
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 19:49
    @trev33 said
    Don't kill the wasps.
    I'll stay my hand unless they get uppity.

Some paper wasps are building a little nest near my front door, on the other side of the column I lean my bicycle against while getting ready for a ride or taking groceries into the house after a ride.

I bought a can of foaming nest killer yesterday, but since they haven't come after me yet, I might leave them alone, too. But I do also have to consider delivery drivers who might get stung when they leave a package.

I also did a quick web search to see how wasps are useful after reading another post in this thread.
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 00:41
    @trev33 said
    Mr wasp flying around me, what do you want?
    Wasps are weird. Some sting cicadas to paralyze, lay eggs, then bury the still alive victim, so when the eggs hatch, the larve feed and develop. Some wasps feed exclusively on spiders. Some get trapped en masse in fig buds, then are dissolved once the fig matures.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 01:11
    @trev33 said
    Something stung me when i was about 7 but that was the last, wasn't a fan of wasps for a long time but they're actually a lot more useful that people think and they don't sting just for the hell of it?
    You are being very humancenteric.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 01:13
    Trev33: What do you want?
    Wasp: What a typically human question that is!
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 07:27
    Why is the wasp responding in English now? It evolved quickly from buzz buzz.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 08:251 edit
    @trev33 said
    I once did Spock style mind-meld with a wasp; all I sensed was fear, frustration, anger and a need to lash out at me.

I named it Buzianne.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 08:47
    @trev33 said
    I am fluent in Apocrita and understand enough Hymenoptera to travel comfortably in Arthropoda and Insecta ~ although I do admit I find the hornet dialect difficult. I inserted myself into the Enlightenment Of Trev33 process after I sensed you struggling with the crude "buzz buzz" representations.
  12. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 08:54
    @fmf said
    I am fluent in Apocrita and understand enough Hymenoptera to travel comfortably in Arthropoda and Insecta ~ although I do admit I find the hornet dialect difficult. I inserted myself into the Enlightenment Of Trev33 process after I sensed you struggling with the crude "buzz buzz" representations.
    I am fluent in Klingon. Unfortunately they don't have wasps there.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 09:17
    @the-gravedigger said
    I am fluent in Klingon. Unfortunately they don't have wasps there.
    I wish this had been true of Mevagissey in 1971.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:00
    @fmf said
    I wish this had been true of Mevagissey in 1971.
    I fail to see how being fluent in Klingon would have helped a 7 year old running all ankles-out-sideways down down the high street while sobbing “life’s not fair even at my age”.

Having said that a few miles away in Penzance you will find a species of pavement life which do in fact appear to be a sub-kind of cyclopsed Klingons, probably decedents of the corrupted phenotype Homoklingiens Sagittarii.

A normal non-threatening vocal gesture might be:

”Do始 Duj - Daq~ghoqwI始.. Sam-^la始”
  15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:21
    @divegeester said
    I fail to see how being fluent in Klingon would have helped a 7 year old running all ankles-out-sideways down down the high street while sobbing “life’s not fair even at my age”.

Having said that a few miles away in Penzance you will find a species of pavement life which do in fact appear to be a sub-kind of cyclopsed Klingons, probably decedents of the corrupted phen ...[text shortened]... ii.

A normal non-threatening vocal gesture might be:

”Do始 Duj - Daq~ghoqwI始.. Sam-^la始”
    When you did your Vulcan mind meld I could have conversed with said wasp in Klingon if it spake Klingon which is probably unlikely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree