What are you listening to? (Ver 1.2)

What are you listening to? (Ver 1.2)

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by darvlay
Great tune!

She's a Rejector - Of Montreal

There's the girl that left me bitter
Want to pay some other girl to just walk up to her and hit her.
But I can't, I can't, I can't...
Nice!

A bit of trivia...

From "The Past is a Grotesque Animal"...The mousy girl screams violence, violence! The mousy girl screams violence, violence! --reference to one of my favorite movies, "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"

d

Moves
04 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by rbmorris
Nice!

A bit of trivia...

From "The Past is a Grotesque Animal"...The mousy girl screams violence, violence! The mousy girl screams violence, violence! --reference to one of my favorite movies, "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"
Very cool. Just found this on wiki:

"Barnes has described the album as a concept album, detailing his transformation from Kevin Barnes into Georgie Fruit. The transformation takes place during "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal," the 12-minute long "turning point" of the album. In addition, the album namechecks many things commonly associated with glam rock, such as drugs, art and fashion; "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal" alludes to Edward Albee's play Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and specifically mentions Georges Bataille's novel Histoire de l'oeil.

Barnes credits his being prescribed antidepressants with the making of the album. "The real issue was a chemical thing, so when I finally got on medication, that balanced it out. So that helped me have a better perspective on things and helped my relationship with my wife and helped me through [the album]."[1] "Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse", the album's first single, chronicles his struggle with chemical imbalance and mood disorders."

I've also read that all this is a result of a fairly bitter divorce which might explain a bit of the misogyny.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by darvlay
Very cool. Just found this on wiki:

"Barnes has described the album as a concept album, detailing his transformation from Kevin Barnes into Georgie Fruit. The transformation takes place during "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal," the 12-minute long "turning point" of the album. In addition, the album namechecks many things commonly associated with glam rock ...[text shortened]... a result of a fairly bitter divorce which might explain a bit of the misogyny.
I'll have to give the album another thorough listening. I always suspected there was a lot more to it than I was getting (part of its appeal).

Also, 'Histoire de l'oeil' sounds interesting.

d

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by rbmorris
I'll have to give the album another thorough listening. I always suspected there was a lot more to it than I was getting (part of its appeal).

Also, 'Histoire de l'oeil' sounds interesting.
Like most Of Montreal albums, it's tough to get through the entire thing in one sitting.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
04 Mar 08

Steve Reich's "Music for 18 Musicians". I can't put my finger on why this is so effing sublime.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
07 Mar 08

Guster - Hang On

The Peacemaker

Out of Lockdown

Moves
07 Mar 08

Atomic Rooster - "In Hearing of Atomic Rooster" (1971)

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
07 Mar 08

You should all listen to:

It is wondrous that someone tripping b@lls in a muumuu can play guitar so nastily.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjg4IaFqTIA

It is wondrous that someone tripping b@lls in a muumuu can play guitar so nastily.
That was 16 minutes of great music. What do you make of this violin playin'?

&feature=related

d

Moves
07 Mar 08

Shapes by Polvo

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjg4IaFqTIA

Listening now. Brilliant.

Boy, man...
Wash uffize drive me to firenze?

SS

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

Moves
07 Mar 08

http://www.zombie-girl.com/Main.html

SS

Moves