What’s happen to the forum search?

What’s happen to the forum search?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Dec 17

Originally posted by @handyandy
Google Red Hot Pawn Proverbs 27:6
The RHP forum search has been significantly curtailed for some reason.

Read a book!

Moves
03 Dec 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
The RHP forum search has been significantly curtailed for some reason.
Ask Russ.

F

Moves
04 Dec 17

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Dec 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Repeat what?

Moves
04 Dec 17

Ask Russ.
In years to come this will be a contradiction that I will no longer be able to catch you in.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 17
1 edit

The "search" (as it was) could be used to target the site and absolutely crush site performance. This actually happened unexpectedly last week (see site announcements), so once it was identified, it either had to be removed, or reduced in scope, until a replacement was introduced without the above issue.

I know it is inconvenient, but the number of people effected by this (very few) relative to those impacted by site performance (everyone) makes it justifiable.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
04 Dec 17

Those who live a rightous life have nothing to fear from their past. 🙂

F

Moves
04 Dec 17

Originally posted by @russ
The "search" (as it was) could be used to target the site and absolutely crush site performance. This actually happened unexpectedly last week (see site announcements), so once it was identified, it either had to be removed, or reduced in scope, until a replacement was introduced without the above issue.

I know it is inconvenient, but the number of peop ...[text shortened]... this (very few) relative to those impacted by site performance (everyone) makes it justifiable.
Are all the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of posts gone forever or are they stashed somewhere?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 17

Are all the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of posts gone forever or are they stashed somewhere?
They haven't gone anywhere. You can page through the history right now if you need reassurance.

Moves
04 Dec 17

They haven't gone anywhere. You can page through the history right now if you need reassurance.
So I found out.

Moves
04 Dec 17

I know it is inconvenient, but the number of peop ...[text shortened]... this (very few) relative to those impacted by site performance (everyone) makes it justifiable.
I see thanks for the update; I didn’t realise that the site was so vulnerable.

Moves
04 Dec 17

Nothing is ever gone, it is mearly transformed from one state of consciousness to another.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Dec 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Nothing is ever gone, it is mearly transformed from one state of consciousness to another.
Forget about reclaiming the colonies. It's not gonna happen.

Moves
04 Dec 17

Forget about reclaiming the colonies. It's not gonna happen.
What nakes you think the Limeys want you back? India, yes, spices and nice weather, but Connecticut?

Read a book!

Moves
04 Dec 17

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
What nakes you think the Limeys want you back? India, yes, spices and nice weather, but Connecticut?
Connecticut has cash!