Welcome to

Welcome to "Sleuthing 2013"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by Phranny
Does this person reside in the United States?
Hi, Phranny. Answer to your question is identical to the answer to Andy's question:
"... could (or possibly) "reside in the United States" but not necessarily.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Is this person bigger than a breadbox? 😕
Y

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Welcome to "Sleuthing 2013" As soon as our newest game is started, an email containing the correct/locked answers will be sent to kiki46 (my brother, who won't be eligible to play) at his home about a thousand miles away from my own. There are eight (8) mysteries to be solved before December 8, 2013, nine weeks from today when the winners will be named.

Mysteries: 1. Person; 2. Partner; 3. Place; 4. Thing; 5. Time; 6. Situation; 7. Condition; 8. Motivation. (Tie Breaker: Date.)

How to Solve: Ask as many closed ended True or False Questions as you'd like, one question per post (to prevent the possibility of confusion and to simplify reply). All Sleuthing 2013 related questions will be answered in the order asked at least once each day with one of the following letters: Y (Yes); B (Ballpark, close); E (Explain); or N (No) or a comment.

Winning: Detective/Player being the first to solve each of the eight mysteries will have 3 points awarded to his or her score. If two players tie with 12 Points Each, the closest answer to the (Tie Breaker: Date) mystery will break the tie.

Will There be A Prize? Yes, three: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Details are included in the email to my brother and will be announced a week from today. Why not now? To keep focus on getting our newest game underway by minimizing sidebars.

Best wishes for success to all! Get creative. Piece the mysteries together. Enjoy each other while playing our game. -Bob (OP)

Read a book!

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Fair question; however, "Person" is used in the generic/universal sense. Therefore, the accurate answer to your question:
"Is this person a current or past member of Camelot Oasis in Space?" is could be (or possibly) but not necessarily.
Is the person in question rookie 54?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Is or was the person in question a member of [b]your club, Camelot Oasis in Space, either now or in the past?[/b]
Andy, I'm not being the least evasive in saying that membership in any site private club or clan is irrelevant to solving this mystery. So, again, yes a person could be (or possibly still be) a member now or in the past but not necessarily. Reason: This line of questioning won't lead to any information that's definitive. Sorry. Mystery 1. is one of the easiest to solve.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Oct 13

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Could be if he's still an RHP Member and posting once a week to this forum.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Could be if he's still an RHP Member and posting once a week to this forum.
Is the person a "typical" RHP user, rather than a specific person?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Oct 13

Is this person a subscriber?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Is the person a "typical" RHP user, rather than a specific person?
Yes, both "typical" and "specific".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
Is this person a subscriber?
Evening, lemon lime... "this person" could be either a subscriber or non-subscriber.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
07 Oct 13

Is he or she smaller than a house?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13

Is he or she smaller than a house?
sonhouse?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
07 Oct 13

sonhouse?
My earlier question eliminated one RHPer my second another. 😕 I guess they don't post often enough to qualify anyway. 😞

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

My earlier question eliminated one RHPer my second another. 😕 I guess they don't post often enough to qualify anyway. 😞
Previously Established: A member who posts to this forum at least once a week; sonhouse would appear to qualify.
So, yes he could possibly be the "1. Person". Possibly, not definitely. Who is the "RHPer you think is eliminated?