Username change facility

Username change facility

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 21

@suzianne said
Like the Queen and "Lillibet", it's what I called myself when I was young.
I don't mind "Susie Q" (not much), but only because I hear it from every single person with imagination issues I come across.
Is the Q for “Queen”?

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Is the Q for “Queen”?
I would think for Qi, not Q-Anon, if that was what you were digging for. Or were you alluding to the story by Lu Xun?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
I would think for Qi, not Q-Anon, if that was what you were digging for. Or were you alluding to the story by Lu Xun?
I was neither “digging” nor “alluding”.

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Riffing off of that, I wish there could be some kind of mini-series of Moorcock's "Dancers at the End of Time" updated for early 21st Century viewers, but I don't think it would work out.

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
P.S. -- Never mind pronouns -- are we supposed to inquire about your preferred verbs? πŸ˜‰

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Is the Q for “Queen”?
That thought hadn't even entered my mind but now that you mention it, not a bad idea. You see now your putting thoughts in my mind. πŸ˜‰ It is kind of the way she sees herself around here isn't it?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
2 edits

@kevin-eleven said
Sir, I hope you won't mind my using you as an example, because I suspect you would be cooler with this than some others on the forums. πŸ˜‰

This is where I think your approach is incorrect: Wouldn't it be better to [privately] teach Suzianne how to "be water" and less reactive to your silly, poking posts?

And also, as a matter of spiritual respect, please address he ...[text shortened]... ou call me Kev, because I consider you both a friend and a lover, albeit platonically of course πŸ˜‰ )
Well K-11 you have your little fun your way and I'll have mine my way! πŸ˜›

You also entitled to your opinion same as the rest of the posters here. ( I don't have to have a reason for saying something ) I know you do! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

Or I can go back to C-S anytime! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
2 edits

@suzianne said
For your information, it's Suzi, no "e".

Like the Queen and "Lillibet", it's what I called myself when I was young.

I don't mind "Susie Q" (not much), but only because I hear it from every single person with imagination issues I come across.
I know there is no 'e', something I made up, and close enough. Spelling isn't a big issue with me so long as I get my point across is all that matters. You did say you didn't mind Susie as that what you were called right?

Good you don't mind "Suzie Q", as I have many imagination issues, many cannot be mentioned in mixed company. Of course you would be the exception to that rule. πŸ˜‰ As I see you often go way out there in your own little fantasy world.

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Riffing off of that, I wish there could be some kind of mini-series of Moorcock's "Dancers at the End of Time" updated for early 21st Century viewers, but I don't think it would work out.
Are these non-sequiturs you seem to enjoy coming up with a cover for your inability to hold a rational thought in your head, an attempt to appear eccentric and interesting or just some plain old willy-waving?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Are these non-sequiturs you seem to enjoy coming up with a cover for your inability to hold a rational thought in your head, an attempt to appear eccentric and interesting or just some plain old willy-waving?
I think he is just trying to be excepted in his own way to the community.

I don't think he understands he could be going about it the wrong way.

Perhaps he thought the name change would help?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 21

@very-rusty said
I know there is no 'e', something I made up, and close enough. Spelling isn't a big issue with me so long as I get my point across is all that matters. You did say you didn't mind Susie as that what you were called right?

Good you don't mind "Suzie Q", as I have many imagination issues, many cannot be mentioned in mixed company. Of course you would be the exception to that rule. πŸ˜‰ As I see you often go way out there in your own little fantasy world.

-VR
Stop buying the hype.

And again, one more time, it's Suzi, not "Susie".

Or you could always call me by my given name Susan, as some here have done.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
2 edits

@suzianne said
Stop buying the hype.

And again, one more time, it's Suzi, not "Susie".

Or you could always call me by my given name Susan, as some here have done.
I just love using Suzie Q! I don't believe I ever said "Susie", I always spell it with a 'Z'. I am happy I got the 'using' in there! πŸ™‚

Did you happen to see the video by Creedence Clearwater Revival they made back around 1978. I believe Tom Jones did a better job singing it then the group did, I can't recall what year he did it, but it was years later you may have heard him sing Suzie Q?

-VR

Australia

Moves
09 Apr 21

I was a big fan of Suzi Quatro, back in the day.
Perhaps VR was too, but he can't remember where he heard the name.

Moves
09 Apr 21

@kewpie said
My favorite spelling for Suzi:

- "Kiss Them For Me"

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Apr 21
1 edit

@kewpie said
Again wrong Kewpie Creedence Clearwater Rival was when I first heard the song, I believe years later Tom Jones sung it and did a much better job than the group did, in my humble opinion.

-VR