1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 18:24
    @fmf said
    When you had me on your slab in the cellar, a pulsating brain in your hands, and wikipedia open on its "Tranplants" page, you had my son play my chess games for a few days and explicitly ordered him to deceive the hapless Very Rusty about what was really going on.
    Are you making jokes in this thread about Timzsn, or do I misunderstand?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 18:28
    @torunn said
    Oh dear..

Are you really going to use this thread, which is raising a comment about the “legality” (to use Very Rusty’s terminology) of another person playing out someone else’s games, to virtue signal Torunn?
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 18:32
    @divegeester said
    Oh dear..

Are you really going to use this thread, which is raising a comment about the “legality” (to use Very Rusty’s terminology) of another person playing out someone else’s games, to virtue signal Torunn?
    Clearly I misunderstood.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 18:53
    @divegeester said
    Oh dear..

I don't think anyone should play out someone else's games. Perhaps that sounds cold, but it is not allowed to the best of my knowledge. Like it or not, that would take special ok from Russ himself, and approval from the opponent being played. I wouldn't want anyone to take over mine if I happen to pass.

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 18:55
    @torunn said
    Clearly I misunderstood.
    You didn't misunderstand at all, he is talking about someone taking over her games for her. I would think it would need approval from Russ and opponent being played!

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 19:04
    @very-rusty said
    I don't think anyone should play out someone else's games. Perhaps that sounds cold, but it is not allowed to the best of my knowledge. Like it or not, that would take special ok from Russ himself, and approval from the opponent being played. I wouldn't want anyone to take over mine if I happen to pass.

-VR
    I happen to agree, although having said that I’m not too concerned on this occasion.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 19:071 edit
    @torunn said
    You have not misunderstood. The joke is about someone using a deceased poster's account.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 19:07
    @divegeester said
    I happen to agree, although having said that I’m not too concerned on this occasion.
    What makes this different?

-VR
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 19:111 edit
    @very-rusty said
    What makes this different?

-VR
    Partly because I’m only playing a couple of games against her and I don’t give a s**t about losing a few points off of my already abysmal rating… but mostly because I have other things in real life which deserve my actual concern.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 19:14
    @divegeester said
    Partly because I’m only playing a couple of games against her and I don’t give a s**t about losing a few points off of my already abysmal rating… but mostly because I have other things in real life which deserve my actual concern.
    What if you gain points instead of lose them? How fair would that be to others?

Fore example if VESPIN passed God forbid would there be an issue with me or Roma45 playing out his games? You see the precedent being set?

-VR
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 19:16
    Gosh
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '22 04:04
    @very-rusty said
    What if you gain points instead of lose them? How fair would that be to others?
    Like I’ve said, at least three times now, I think taipei5200 has a point.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Oct '22 04:31
    If this thread seeking information had been placed in Site Ideas or Help it may have provoked a more considered response than the load of #### it's collected here in the Jokes forum.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '22 04:481 edit
    @kewpie said
    If this thread seeking information had been placed in Site Ideas or Help it may have provoked a more considered response than the load of #### it's collected here in the Jokes forum.
    The OP and his subsequent posts isn’t written in a way that is “seeking information” and wether or not the replies to the OP and his subsequent post are “a load of ####” is a matter of opinion.

Perhaps you are channeling Suzianne or maybe Sonhouse with this angry blurt which adds nothing to the discourse.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '22 04:49
    Incidentally, the profile @Timzsn has 125 active games in progress across both clan challenges and tournaments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree