Things you’ve just discovered 😮

Things you’ve just discovered 😮

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
There appears to be a ridiculous price increase on large packs of dried foods in Amazon, ie quinoa, rice, raisins and nuts plus an extortionate price for postage and packing.

On an order of £33.00 I was being charged £20.00 for p&p!
What would you normally expect p&p to be?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 20

In Ontario they were charging 30.00 for a jar of sanitary wipes which is ridiculous even Doug Ford a Politician said something had to be done about the price gouging.

-VR

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
In Ontario they were charging 30.00 for a jar of sanitary wipes which is ridiculous even Doug Ford a Politician said something had to be done about the price gouging.

-VR
How many wipes?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 20

@wolfgang59 said
How many wipes?
Here is the full story if you are really interested.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-premier-slams-high-end-toronto-grocery-store-for-selling-30-lysol-wipes-1.4869065

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
28 Mar 20

Just learned that those wily Neanderthals had indeed learned to fish and fish was about half of their diet (sharks, dolphins, crustacians) - some 80,000 years ago, Portugal.

Dumb dumbs - they were not

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
Here is the full story if you are really interested.
Nah. Just kidding.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
28 Mar 20
2 edits

@fmf said
What would you normally expect p&p to be?
About 10-15%?

I’ll check the order to see exactly which particular company item/s were giving the charge as some items were free as they came direct via Amazon Prime.

Here’s one -
Camil Brazilian black beans £4.99 for 1kg, £10.99 for delivery! That’s a 220% delivery charge.

Have you ever heard of items there or in ebay which are ridiculously cheap but have an extortionately high delivery charge?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7821395/Amazon-tries-charge-customer-nearly-10-000-deliver-4-99-gift-time-Christmas.html

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
28 Mar 20

@petewxyz said
Making curry from frozen veg is great. Also fry onion in spice and then when it is really mushy and it has taken the flavour of the spice fry tinned fish for a short while, but not long enough to fall to bits. Tastes good. Makes you value spices when there is less fresh food in the house!
Love veggie curries 😋 and frozen veg is really useful. I also boil large batches of beans and freeze them in those reusable, washable, zip-up bags so I can grab a handful when I need them.

SRB

Moves
28 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
About 10-15%?

I’ll check the order to see exactly which particular company item/s were giving the charge as some items were free as they came direct via Amazon Prime.

Here’s one -
Camil Brazilian black beans £4.99 for 1kg, £10.99 for delivery! That’s a 220% delivery charge.

Have you ever heard of items there or in ebay which are ridiculously cheap but have an e ...[text shortened]... ews/article-7821395/Amazon-tries-charge-customer-nearly-10-000-deliver-4-99-gift-time-Christmas.html
It's like when they sell second hand books for a few pennies but then charge £2.80 delivery and if you get a second book the delivery is doubled even from the same seller. I start wondering if I should be getting books on the Kindle App instead, but I like that reading isn't screen time and come to think of it, I also just like books as objects a bit. is that wrong??

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
28 Mar 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
It's like when they sell second hand books for a few pennies but then charge £2.80 delivery and if you get a second book the delivery is doubled even from the same seller. I start wondering if I should be getting books on the Kindle App instead, but I like that reading isn't screen time and come to think of it, I also just like books as objects a bit. is that wrong??
If it makes you happy then it’s worth it. That’s why I like buying foods straight from local farms at a higher price than the supermarkets.

Moves
28 Mar 20

@petewxyz said
Get 'em from a library...they're free. 🤔 Plus ya get exercise to boot.

F

Moves
28 Mar 20

@petewxyz said
It's like when they sell second hand books for a few pennies but then charge £2.80 delivery and if you get a second book the delivery is doubled even from the same seller.
What does "it" refer to in the sentence above?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29 Mar 20

One of us is celebrating a birthday here today 🎂

Happy Birthday RHP friend.

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Mar 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Get 'em from a library...they're free. 🤔 Plus ya get exercise to boot.
We shouldn't visit libraries now, should we? I bought four books instead. Not so cheap but they are mine. 🙂

Moves
29 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
One of us is celebrating a birthday here today 🎂

Happy Birthday RHP friend.
I phoned him/her last night and sang Happy Birthday to her/him. 🙂